Associate DevOps Engineer - CNET
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group leading the future of consumer and business technologies. Our brands include CNET.com, ZDNet.com, and TechRepublic.com.
You will be part of a team responsible for deployment strategy, testing, and monitoring of all of our systems. You will work with other teams to create and maintain best practices. Help engineering area owners develop and setup new system within our cloud provider as well as migrate existing systems. You will work with those teams to create and maintain best practices.
- Help area owners identify improvements and bottlenecks within their applications
- Assist with automating deployment of area owners applications
- Assist with automated server provisioning for all environments
- Supporting area owners with integrate app specific metrics / alerts with our system
- Help with migration of legacy and greenfield apps to the cloud
- Cloud Migration - Help with the migration of our applications to the cloud from our private data centers.
- Monitoring / Logging - Support and help implement core monitoring of Key Performance Metrics as well as application level logging of all applications.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery - Working with key area owners for all applications to implement an automated workflow, testing, and deployment strategy.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science
- Experience with GCP, Microsoft Azure, or AWS
- Fundamental understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization within the respected codebase.
You may also have--
- At least 1 year experience in software engineering or system administration
- Experience working with cloud automation (Terraform, Packer, etc)
- Familiarity with modern monitoring and logging technologies (Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, etc)
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc).
- Some exposure to containers (Docker)
- Some experience with automation/configuration management (Ansible)
- An understanding of version control systems (GIT)
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top