Assistant Managing Editor - CBS Sports.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Assistant Managing Editor for NFL is responsible for the day-to-day operation and success of CBSSports Digital's NFL coverage. With help from a staff of writers, analysts and support editors, the AME directs coverage of all things NFL – preseason, in-season, playoffs, Super Bowl, NFL Draft, etc.
- Assist in creation of overall strategy for NFL group
- Devise daily content plan and execute on it
- Clearly communicate content expectations to writers and editors
- Stay abreast of all news and information published to site
- Ensure user experience is the best it can be – desktop and mobile
- Coaching and supervising personnel
- Ensure best practices for writing, editing, publishing are being followed
- Manage coverage of the Super Bowl
- Creative planning for the NFL Draft
- Involvement with live video programming
What you bring to the team:
- Proven experience as a newsroom manager
- Exceptional ability in editing for content and context
- Good organizational, planning and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and management abilities
- Strong knowledge of SEO concepts
You might also have:
- BS/BA in journalism or related field
- Previous online journalism experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top