Analytics Implementation Engineer
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Interactive is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual with strong analytics implementation skills, technical aptitude, and strategic thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and Strange Angel to name a few.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. This requires expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, a customer-service mindset and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
Your Day-to- Day:
- Translate business questions from stakeholders into detailed tracking specifications across all platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
- Play a critical role in the enablement of actionable analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
- Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as expected.
- Communicate effectively to end users of the analytics platform how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
- Creative problem solving skills, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions.
- Easily communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects
- Assist end users with data validation questions. Troubleshoot as needed.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to develop and execute appropriate measurement plan and tagging strategy for Adobe Analytics to satisfy analytics use cases.
- Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
- Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results.
- Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment.
- Assist in establishing governance, best practice operational and ad-hoc processes for data capture changes.
- Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5+ years work experience in analytics implementation or consulting.
- Hands-on experience and implementation expertise with Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture Site Catalyst) tool or similar analytics platform.
- Experience in developing measurement plans and tagging strategies, as well as the ability to QA analytics implementations.
- Knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
- Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Client-focused mindset and with experience in a client facing role preferred.
You might also have -
- Experience developing solutions for tag deployment through tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch)
- Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises, preferably in media industry.
- Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations.
- Adobe processing rules proficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top