CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day talent tasks needed to support our CBS Sports Digital initiatives. These tasks include, but not limited to, writing, video, and audio components. We bring our passion for sports and love of our work, serving up sports content to fans everywhere, and this role will help us succeed in that mission.
- Works closely with video and editorial teams and needs to be able to follow instructions and guidelines from both
- Effectively communicate concerns over processes to team members timely and clearly
- Escalate production risks and constraints in a timely manner
- Manage and prioritize tasks and action items as they occur throughout a work day/night
- Maintain professional excellence at all times – on camera and off – including social media interactions
- Must have excellent leadership, teamwork, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently and manage communications up and down our editorial and video production teams
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the have the flexibility to adapt as situations occur
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of on-air experience at a broadcast entity
- Minimum 1 year of reporting experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills; experience working in a newsroom environment
- Excellent English grammar and organizational skills
- Ability to remain objective and professional no matter what the story
- Ability to succeed and flourish in a fast paced, and sometimes stressful environment
- Team player
You might also have –
- Ability to follow and build upon the top sports stories of the day and understand how they play to our audience goals
- Solid news journalism experience and news judgment
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top