Workplace Experience Manager
ROLE: Workplace Experience Manager:
In search of an enthusiastic, driven, and proven hospitality expert to lead our experience services and manage a team on client site in the Portland area. The experience team serves as the heart of a broader service model, interfacing across the organization and integrating with all other workplace services to ensure timely and seamless delivery of amazing outcomes. Not your average front of house, the experience services program is all about curating an engaged workplace, responding to a wide variety of on-site requests, and creatively exceeding expectations. The key to this dynamic environment, the experience lead will manage a team that anticipates and tackles challenges before they arise to make it easier for individuals to do the work they were hired to do while bringing delight to the workplace so that it is the desired destination to innovate.
What you do:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
You Create Great Impressions through:
- Active engagement with all who enter and depart the workplace with a special emphasis on visitor care (including personal service to VIP and longstanding visitors).
- Building relationships that enhance knowledge of employees and the business (including name-knowing and professional connection-making) to enhance professional experience onsite.
- Communication and diligent preparation for all events, working with partners and ensuring value, impact, and mission alignment as well as execution without incident.
- Proactively crafting pertinent and on-brand communications through multiple channels to bring information to employees before they have to ask.
- Tirelessly creating opportunities for you and others to find enjoyment in the minor and major workplace moments.
- Leading a connective tapestry among service providers and across employee arc of day to anticipate and resolve obstacles in the workplace.
- Having a passion for crafting the future of work and creating workplace conditions that enable employees to adopt new and evolving ways of working.
- Maintaining the welcome desk and equipment, and managing all purchasing requirements as established by CBRE leadership.
- Communicating with after-hours staff to help resolve any issues that may arise.
- Implementing and monitoring standards of service to meet and exceed expectations and tirelessly seeking opportunities to improve efficiencies and outcomes.
- Consistently collecting data, maintaining effective systems through which to assess and refine service delivery, reporting on outcomes, and delivering on improvements.
- Building community from the inside out and proactively engaging with the broader organization to make the workplace THE place for employees to connect and grow.
- Making connections to support all who enter the workplace and tirelessly seeking new ways to surpass employee expectations of how the workplace can support them.
- Activating curiosity to inform an ever-growing knowledge-base about the workplace and surrounding areas and proactively sharing knowledge and opportunities to spark joy across the day.
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the local culture and establishing relationships with local hot-spots and vendors to provide information, ticketing, and reservations for office visitors and employees
- Working in hospitality or a similar service field for a minimum of five years
- Partnering with facilities, food services, security, and technology leaders
- Managing expanding teams of direct reports and creating opportunities for them to grow
- Interfacing with complex service lines and creating proven outcomes
- Proving that expectations are meant to be exceeded
- Fueling curiosity towards the benefits of proven client outcomes
- Exercising personal growth and leadership, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Owning and organizing diverse sets of initiatives and completing projects in a timely manner, including under pressure
- Managing budgets and improving efficiencies over time
- Deploying mastery of standard and advanced software systems and social media platforms
- Seeking and enjoying the best life has to offer you and all around you
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasionally engaging with (lifting, pushing, pulling) packages weighing up to 25lbs.
Manages a team in one or more offices; provides direction on employee management (e.g. recruitment of talent, performance management, etc.); makes recommendations on budgets and cost reductions.
Manages an operating budget and makes recommendations on annual budgets; Ensure all billings for business services are invoiced and billed as required. Ensures that savings goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
Ensures consistency in support provided by the team through continuous review and improvement of existing processes. Works with managers to resolve conflicting priorities. Interprets and communicates goals and direction with management, sets achievable goals that are linked to the objectives of the organization.
Manages Workplace Experience team member and third party service provider on-boarding process, including new employee orientation, training, equipment and software ordering.
Maintains relationships with vendors that provide services and goods. Ensures all vendors used have current proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place, per requirements.
Manages accuracy, production, quality and retention of program materials; which may include administration of SharePoint sites or similar. Ensures client and company materials comply with client and company brand guidelines.
Collaborates with company and client IT teams to assess technology, training needs and implementation of program(s), training and tools for Workplace Experience teams and clients.
Ensure safety standards are met by those delivery workplace experience services; whether company employees or third party service providers.
Assists in the completion of the office Business Continuity plan.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or other relevant vocational training preferred. Minimum of 6 years related (e.g. Front Desk, Concierge, Hospitality, Room Management, or Customer Service) roles preferred. Previous supervisory & customer service experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Comfortable meeting and engaging with new people.
Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, OneNote, Outlook, etc. Comfortable with and embracing of new technologies and digital tools; such as Apps, databases, financial management, work order management, social networking, cloud technologies, handheld mobile technologies and applications, and communications.
Best candidates will have a genuine interest in in anticipating and serving the needs of others. A warm demeanor and desire to collaborate with others is key.
Physical ability to assist with warehouse operations. Able to lift 50 lbs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so
As a Supervisor:
1. While adhering to all HSE requirements established for CBRE employees, supervisors and managers are required to:
a. Provide sufficient distraction free time for employees to complete all required HSE training & support the HSE training program implicitly
b. Investigate and resolve (if possible) all reported unsafe conditions / acts and communicate results back to the affected stakeholders
c. Support stop work authority when it is exercised in good faith
d. Communicate any / all potential workplace hazards and workplace procedures
Back to top