UI Platform Engineer
Love building well-designed UI tools and frameworks that empower engineers? We want to hear from you!
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions. Our clients love our product and are thirsty for more!
Our UI Platform team works with product owners, designers, and across all feature teams to manage a design system and lead front end technical initiatives. As a UI Platform Engineer, you will be part of this cross-functional team focused on the next generation of tools and platforms our engineers use to build a world class user interface. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and shape the future of our next web platform.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative, “teach and learn” culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Contribute to development of our design system to support teams building features for our market intelligence platform
- Continuously improve our front end tech stack from server to client, enabling teams to develop our web application in a more efficient and consistent manner
- Create new standards and patterns for engineers to follow during feature development
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify opportunities and work through challenges and share knowledge with your colleagues, including mentoring
- Collaborate closely with front-end engineers across multiple feature teams, product and design
Requirements and Qualifications
- Agile and lean value set
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Self-motivated and ambitious with goal of building a next generation web platform
- On top of latest technologies and tools for UI development, with an understanding of when to apply different technologies based on use case
- 4+ years of hands-on development with modern web application technology stacks such as Node.js, React/Angular and Redux.
- Experience working with Docker, Linux and AWS infrastructure
- Believer in reuse where it makes sense and streamlining common tasks
- 7+ years professional experience in software engineering
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
Back to top