Senior Software Engineer - Front End (REMOTE)
Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about building awesome products, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our products and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data sets and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
You will be part of a remote-first team where every team member works remotely from anywhere in the USA. Strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in all candidates.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative, “teach and learn” culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- 4+ years of hands-on development with modern web application technology stacks such as Node.js, React/Angular and Redux.
- Solid understanding of modern web application development processes and standard methodologies. Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design and front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability is a first class goal.
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Experience with node.js application frameworks and middleware (e.g. express).
- Experience optimizing application performance in desktop and mobile client environments.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
Back to top