Senior Software Engineer
- New York, NY
* If you’re interested in joining the CB Insights Team, please send us your resume. We'll keep your information on file. If the role becomes available and you meet the requirements, someone from the team will reach out!
Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
What’s CB Insights All About?
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
The Role You’ll Play
Here at CB Insights, our backend software engineers build robust services and scalable data processing jobs. You would be a senior member on one of our feature teams we call “Rebel Alliance”, which works on our client-facing platform.
About the “Rebel Alliance” team
This team is one of the primary feature teams at CBI. This means we get to work on a variety of interesting projects involving one of our platform's key functionalities. Working in the CBI engineering department is unique. Since we are a smaller team without a lot of bureaucracy, we are able to really push the envelope without going through a lot of red tape. We have a modern tech stack and we value continued learning through sharing. You’d be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Your Main Tasks
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
What you bring to the table
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Experience writing unit tests regularly
- Familiarity with data manipulation and algorithms
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- An interest in helping out across the stack as needed
Huge plus if you have..
- Experience with Golang
- FE knowledge
You’ll be successful here if
- A believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
Back to top