Senior Software Engineer - Backend
- New York, NY
Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our systems retrieve large amounts of structured and unstructured data, use scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and present the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
The Role You’ll Play:
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often. This specific team is responsible for maintaining and developing new features for the search experience that is powered by elasticsearch. Additional service responsibilities include comment, profile, and more.
Our backend software engineers work with Python and Go to build microservices to power front-ends and other services. Our services run in Docker on AWS and we use Hashicorp’s suite to manage our containers.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now.
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team of 6-8 engineers.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding and who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Relational database proficiency, including ER modelling and performance optimization (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Aurora)
- Experience building microservices and thorough understanding of service-oriented architecture
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Agile and Lean value set (we follow a variant of Scrum and use Jira)
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Back to top