Research technology markets and companies. Help clients make decisions. Create compelling research.
If you are passionate about following fintech, from the front office to the back-office and embedded fintech and beyond, then we have a job for you.
The role you'll play:
As a CB Insights analyst, you will produce digestible and actionable insight into technologies, business models, competitors, and market trends of tomorrow. In this role you will help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade, by using data and not your gut.
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to spend your day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow in your industry of interest. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day.
You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and market research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with the commercial and product side of our business, and have the ear of senior decision makers in your space.
Your main tasks:
- Write data-driven research briefs and reports that combine our data with your insights/expertise to analyze the momentum of fintech startups, markets, and competitive dynamics
- Understand and develop prescriptive insights for decision makers and executives in banking, payments, and wealth management, among other areas
- Track tech markets and companies and develop an impactful research agenda in your principal vertical, e.g. banking, payments, etc.
- Publish digestible, differentiated, and incisive research on our client-only platform and occasionally for our public research portal
- Develop and give client and prospect presentations to discuss tech markets and companies in fintech
- When required, mentor, coach, and supervise the work of one or two junior analysts
- Support PR requests and CB Insights events with data and category knowledge
- Help develop and pioneer new research products
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years professional experience in a fintech-related position (can be while working in any of the fields cited above), preferably in banking, payments or adjacent verticals. Must be able to demonstrate fintech domain knowledge.
- Writing experience a MUST– can be within the fields of tech or market research, journalism, equity research, investment banking, or consulting in financial services, technology, or related area. The ideal candidate will have a track record of impactful publications in/related-to fintech.
- Must be a startup/tech geek passionate about all things fintech.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful viewpoints and prescriptive insights. Research experience a plus.
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to Fortune 500 clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category.
- Some startup experience ideal.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.