Data Associate (Entry Level)
- New York, NY
Perform research. Be on the front line. Become an expert.
CB Insights is looking for a motivated Data Associate who will become a domain expert as it relates to venture capital data.
The role you'll play:
CB Insights is seeking a motivated Data Associate to ensure the quality of data that enters our system. You will also find ways to expand our data coverage universe. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our product and content teams on numerous projects and analyses.
About the team:
Data Team is a fast-paced, operations focused department responsible for, but not limited to, researching, vetting, and inputting data into the CB Insights platform. Associates are on the front line of powering the CBI platform while utilizing a number of tools and skill sets. Additionally, working on the team provides a full view into the lifecycle of startups--from incubation to exit. Team members can expect to hone in on reading comprehension and research skills, attention to detail, and develop an understanding on data and databases.
Your main tasks:
- Perform internet research as it pertains to companies in the private sector
- Actively find and source relevant articles and news sources for further research
- Ensure accuracy of data entered in our proprietary platform
- Enter data regarding mergers, acquisitions, and fundings every single day
- Scan source documents which may include state and federal filings
- Enter data into database using web-based admin tools
- Work across all business units on special projects
What you bring to the table:
- Interest in the world of startups and venture capital
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Solid attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Multilingual is preferred*
- BA / BS
- 5H's: Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpful and Humility
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpful and Humility Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
Back to top