VP, Solution Sales, Cyber Security
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.Job Overview
This position is responsible to plan, execute, monitor, direct, and lead our API Management Solution Sales team’s performance and resource allocation needs across Asia Pacific and Japan. Work with sales management to ensure the Solution Sales organization effectively drives and supports the technical validation portion of the sales cycle so CA solutions are presented in a way to meet the customer’s and Partner’s business objectives. This position also has responsibility to work with sales and delivery groups to ensure appropriate collaboration on sales opportunities to achieve properly qualified customer and/or Partner expectations. In addition, this position supports and/or develops executive-level relationships with key business leaders in CA’s targeted market.
Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for the company and its customer’s or Partner’s which will be measured across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Oversee optimization of the overall customer or Partner experience across the assigned territory
- Financial Targets: Ensure staff meets or exceeds stated financial quotas and targets
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate mastery with internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate mastery and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Collaborate with, mobilize, and effectively run and develop direct and virtual team(s)
- Lead and oversee Solution Sales management and staff in acquiring knowledge of customers’ businesses, Partner offerings, and competitive landscape and operational processes.
- Ensure thorough resource and time management that existing opportunities are properly staffed and that the region has scale and skill sets to support sales opportunities.
- Help Solution Sales management to build and maintain relationships with senior executives and decision makers, taking the lead as necessary.
- Build long-term partnerships and trust.
- Prioritize efforts to pursue the most pervasive customer needs that CA can successfully address within assigned territory and align the efforts of their Partners in the business accordingly.
- Understand and navigate customer’s buying process and the Partner’s procurement policies through distribution.
- Support sales teams to measure and communicate value delivered to the customer to ensure strength of relationship.
- Understand CA’s vision, strategy and key customer initiatives (for example: SupportConnect, Product Advisory Councils and Beta Programs, etc.); support sales teams to ensure that customers and Partners in the region are consistently kept informed.
- Understand and address customer and Partner survey results/trending and respond to changing customer needs.
- Support sales teams by participation in customer and Partner meetings as needed.
- Ensure staff meets or exceeds the team’s stated financial targets.
- Create, maintain and manage to plans to meet or exceed financial targets.
- Direct, measure and accurately predict financial outcomes.
- Direct territory-wide opportunities and transactions to ensure balance, long-term stability and sustainability of book-of-business.
- Analyze financial and performance metrics to plan for optimum performance efficiency and financial return.
- Show a level of consistency in exceeding financial targets that demonstrate a higher-level of management responsibility.
Internal Business Processes
- Demonstrate mastery CA’s approved methods and processes for:
- Territory Planning
- Partner Enablement Planning
- Account Planning
- Opportunity Planning
- Lead to Quote
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Performance Management
- Need-based Sales Methodology
- Review and Approval Processes
- Ensure adherence to, and be regarded as an exemplary role model for CA’s Core Values, Code of Conduct, Ethics and compliance requirements.
- Explain and consistently enforce directives from senior management.
- Ensure staff understands corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper security measures are applied and followed at all times.
- Enforce corporate policy with respect to equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination and other related policies.
Demonstrate on-going personal and professional development mastery with respect to the following capabilities:
- Provide team leadership, coaching and mentoring to staff
- Comfort-level around senior management
- Articulate business cases / proposals to senior management (internal / external)
- Proposal development, negotiation, closing and booking business
- Develop future leaders
- Complete leadership class or online training per quarter
- Business and industry acumen
- Problem solving skills and agility
- Competitor awareness
- Consultative ‘questioning’ and active Listening
- Oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Business planning
- Financial analysis
- Time management
- Hiring, succession planning and corrective action
- Employee relations rules and regulations
Leadership, Teamwork & Planning
- Demonstrate mastery in teambuilding and conflict management.
- Recognize team members’ roles, responsibilities, strengths and weaknesses in order to improve and optimize direct and virtual team effectiveness.
- Demonstrate mastery in navigating CA’s internal processes and systems, and supporting roles.
- Provide teambuilding, coaching and mentoring to staff.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate outstanding partnering with CA’s internal and external Partners.
- Work with Solution Sales management to create personalized development plans through regular one-on-one reviews of skills and personal career goals; follow up to ensure that line managers execute on their plans in a timely fashion.
- Use reviews to identify possible successors, and provide them opportunities to broaden their experience and enhance their skills.
- Consistently reinforce the importance of CA’s Core Values.
- Monitor and control the activities and performance of staff under their supervision, setting expectations and providing guidance and direction as needed.
- Ensure that the team receives regular training on CA’s products, services and other initiatives, as well as skills training (such as account planning, better forecasting, listening and positioning skills, etc.), as appropriate.
- Hold regular team meetings and one-on-one meetings, to ensure the team is on track to meet business goals, provide consistent mentoring and coaching.
- Ensure appropriately qualified and/or experienced personnel are recruited, provided a complete orientation to CA’s organization, policies and procedures, systems and strategy, (including administrative staff), formally introduced to all internal and customer contacts and trained according to their individual needs.
- Mentor other managers within CA to help them attain a higher-level management experience, professionalism and accountability.
Typical Role Definition
Strategic/Business/Operational Leadership. Typically leads a function or multiple ‘sub-functions’ within the company/business unit/brand and most commonly reports to an SVP. Expected to operate autonomously within area of responsibility and fully accountable for meeting strategic financial and operating objectives of the function or ‘sub-functions’. Broad knowledge of all aspects within a particular function or ‘sub-functions’ based on in-depth knowledge experience in middle-management roles. Influences and sets direction for high profile products, processes, services and specific initiatives. Helps establish vision and goals for a specific function or ‘sub-functions’ that align with overall Company strategy and initiatives. Mobilizes high level technical resources to execute plans around new initiatives/products. Helps deliver strategic and financial results by growing the business and meeting customer needs – may be involved in planning strategic alliances, capital investments or new product launches. Resolves highly complex problems that require resolution at a senior management level and which often have little or no organizational precedent. Overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Adapts goals based on changes in company strategy. Analyzes and challenges current working methods to create improvements in processes and results. Initiates project related work that impacts functional operations. Determines the necessary infrastructure to support business needs within the function or ‘sub-functions’. Helps grow future leaders by giving them accountability and opportunities for growth. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for the function or multiple ‘sub-functions’.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Develop go-to market internal and external sales strategy to attain quota.
- Make personnel decisions (team members, alignment, etc.)
- Make budget and spending decisions.
- Typically has 6-10 direct reports.
- Typically has a total staff of 26-50.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically manages a total budget of up to $50 million USD.
- Other scope factors include:
- Approve go-to-market internal and external Sales strategies to attain quota
- Approve key personnel decisions within team and personnel/alignment recommendations to matrix team members
- Supervise others in a matrix virtual team environment or direct team environment
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, a business discipline or related field. Appropriate industry certifications preferred. An MBA or relevant graduate degree is preferred.
Typically 12 or more years of experience in the IT or related industry with a focus on Solution Sales activities. Proven track record of effectively and successfully managing a large, geographically dispersed Solution Sales team’s performance a plus.
Skills & Competencies
Key Competencies include:
- Provide Exceptional Client Service: Prioritizes resources in the region and brings together the most appropriate Solution Sales team to provide exceptional services to clients; takes responsibility for creating an environment based on practicality, accountability, integrity and respect and a sense of urgency.
- Retaining the Client: Uses both formal and informal methods to obtain regular assessments of CA’s performance to ensure products and services are exceeding client expectations across the entire region; quickly takes appropriate action to improve ongoing service based on client feedback; ensures client service issues are resolved in a timely manner; addresses issues and negotiates acceptable solutions with the client.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective within his/her region and broader implications for the area; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans for the region.
- Decision Making: Applies experience, wisdom and judgment to ensure mutually beneficial decisions for client, CA and its employees; ensures decisions made account for potential long-term impact upon the client, CA and employees; appropriately consult with other areas of expertise within CA leadership to ensure decisions for the region are aligned with overall corporate goals and core values.
- Conflict Management: Manages escalated conflicts and sees them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; able to handle tough disagreements and settle disputes equitably and objectively; is able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
Exceptional leadership, planning, execution, people-management and coaching skills. Outstanding communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with customers and building influential relationships with colleagues in the business, including Finance, Legal, Global Operations, HR, Partner Sales and Services. Thoroughly understand both business and people, including their drivers and success factors. Thoroughly understand sales methodology and booking process. Excellent knowledge of CA’s products and software pricing practices. Understand and communicate the business value and/or ROI of installed and proposed products and solutions. Ability to understand and clearly present CA’s vision, strategy and organization. Thoroughly understand CA’s internal organization in order to best support customers’ needs by mobilizing appropriate resources. Conduct outstanding and highly-productive meetings.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top