VP, Software Engineering (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
VP Engineering - Boulder, CO
CA Technologies is actively seeking a technically deep, and intellectually curious engineering leader who will head up Engineering for an industry leading product in the Agile Management Business Unit.
You will be developing a SaaS product that pushes the limits of current browser based technology. Leaders that thrive at CA bring out the best in their teams as well as their peers through servant leadership, constant communication, and technical expertise.
Key Responsibilities - What You'll Be Doing:
- Recruit, Retain and Lead multiple teams of talented software engineers.
- Lead by example - champion predictable, high quality delivery and continuous throughput improvement based on data from CA's feature products.
- Work closely with product management to conceptualize the product and ensure effective feature delivery.
- Champion technical and architectural initiatives which extend SaaS scalability and performance and accelerate feature delivery
- Mentor Team members and help them fuel their enthusiasm and passions.
What You Bring To The Table:
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry including 7+ years managing technical teams.
- Proven track-record of delivering high quality commercial software products.
- Broad expertise in languages, frameworks, service oriented architecture, and continuous integration
- Proven ability to successfully grow, lead, and mentor geographically-dispersed engineering teams.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and test-driven development.
- Skilled at building consensus among groups and ability to influence others outside your direct reports
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and timeliness in decision making.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top