VP, Product Marketing
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Vice President, Security Product Marketing
San Francisco, Boston, Austin, Herndon, Boulder
Software is at the heart of every business, in every industry. CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Our software and solutions help our customers drive enterprise-wide productivity, offer diverse and unique user experiences, and open new growth opportunities.
At CA, we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all technology is not created equal; the application economy is headed toward greater mobility and an always-connected business environment; and that chief among these technologies are Security, DevOps, and the Management Cloud. Your ability to clearly articulate, and prove the company’s differentiation will be a key contributor to CA Technologies’ future success.
What You’ll Do
CA is searching for a Product Marketing Vice President to run Marketing for CA’s Cyber Security business unit. Our Cyber Security BU is already a strong business. This leader will team to take the BU to over 2x growth over the next 3 years, with 3x growth over the next 5 years through a balance of organic and inorganic growth. Our ideal candidate will be a thought leader in this space; who wants to be highly visible; who has ambition to become an SVP as a next step in their career; who has or desires inorganic integration experience; has managed a diverse portfolio of products; and someone who thrives on winning in the market and stealing share from the competition.
- Be the solution and product messaging subject matter expert who understand our markets, personas, buyers, and existing customers; conduct market, persona and competitive analysis
- Gather and analyze product performance, operational metrics, and win/loss analysis
- Synthesize the differentiation and value proposition that is then reflected in source messaging content, collateral, and sales tools
- Create and promote cross-product solution messages to convey the aggregate value of our portfolio and our unique approach to solving customers’ problems
- Own the go to market and launch strategies for your products & solutions
- Actively participate in product roadmap development and BU planning
- Create clarity, excitement and endorsement amongst market influencers via thought leadership assets/blogs; speaking at industry and demand gen events; building and leveraging peer review sites; being a media spokesperson; and creating and executing an analyst/media influence strategy
- Increase knowledge and excitement in our global sales (including Partner ecosystem) channels
- Drive awareness, consideration, and retention from our both our existing customers and our prospects
- Partner with Corp/Field marketing and Communications colleagues on demand generation, external awareness, and internal communications
- Communicate actively and continuously with extended team members
- Manage a team of 10-15 and lead a cross functional delivery group several times larger
- Directly manage a total budget of up to ~4 million USD and influence a marketing budget many times larger
- 12 years’ experience in product marketing
- Experience in high growth businesses and large companies (> $350M+ in revenue)
- Enterprise Security Software industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience as a marketing leader
- Possesses broad knowledge of all aspects of the product marketing function based on in-depth knowledge and experience in middle-management roles
- Expert in strategic marketing, willing to work tactically
- Effective communication skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, write and deliver quality presentations that are adjusted to the level of the receiving audience, and the ability to understand business and technical materials; effective skills also include active listening and the ability to modify communication style to suit listener
- As a corporate resource, is effective at delivering executive presentations, internally and externally
- Team player with vision, passion, discipline, and creativity; possesses integrity and high energy drive to get things done
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Able to manage commitments of others across multiple projects and groups
- Balances and negotiates trade-offs in corporate context
Learn More About Us
At CA you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. To see what moves us and what it’s like being a CA employee please visit us at: http://instagram.com/LifeAtCA
Now, We’d Like to Learn More About You
Please share an inspirational quote that you’ve written, or one that motivates you to strive for success. Post to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and hashtag #favoritequotecatech
A job at CA Technologies is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged and inspired to innovate. You’ll take pride in your work and will take part in helping CA empower the new application economy. Knowing is not enough; you must Apply. Willing is not enough; you must DO!
CA Technologies…Business, rewritten by software
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top