VP, Product Management (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Your Future Starts Here.
We are seeking a servant leader who guides, coaches and mentors managers and teams representing the Product Management function for a major product line, which may include multiple Release Trains and Value Streams, towards high performance.
Responsible for providing Product Management vision and leadership to an organization.
About the Role
Lead the Organization
- Support and may lead the Program Portfolio Management process to:
- Determine the strategic themes associated with a portfolio, based on the Enterprise Business Strategy.
- Develop the Portfolio Vision for a major product line.
- Identify the major products or services (value streams) associated with a business line.
- Support the budget allocation process for the Value Streams within a portfolio to ensure resources are distributed in accordance with the business and technical strategy.
- Resolve Build, Buy, or Partner decisions.
- Communicate CA Technologies vision and translate competitive strategy into goals for a major part of the organization.
- Develop organizational capacity through staffing, budget/compensation planning, skills development, and acquisition of required tools and technologies.
- Participate in business review activities for Product Management.
- Partner with Program and Portfolio Leadership to understand, plan for and meet evolving future product release resource and technical requirements.
- Work with HR Business Partners in strategic workforce planning activities.
- Manage and approve staff performance and discipline plans.
- Support continuous improvement of Product Management capability.
- Stay abreast of and share industry/technology trends relevant to the Product Management discipline.
- Lead efforts to identify, implement and adopt new tools, practices, and procedures that drive Product Management efficiency across the organization.
- Represent CA in industry groups and events to create internal and external awareness of functional solutions.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto in all interactions and equip the team to do the same.
- Establish and lead programs aimed at increasing levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Lead efforts to increase innovation across the organization.
- Participate in all Agile Processes such as Program Increment Planning and Release Management alongside.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
Typically 12 or more years of experience in the software industry (7 or more years in a management capacity), strong technical background in product management, responsible for mainstream products managing large groups of people. Recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert, a visionary. Has been involved in product management cycle from start to finish for successful products. Exposure to business side of the industry, familiar with pricing models, sales force structure and marketing process.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to build trust within an organization.
- Ability to work without direction.
- Strong business skills.
- Demonstrate a strong growth mind-set, seeks feedback often, and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire team members to deliver on commitments.
- Excellent instructing, coaching, and mentoring skills to improve performance and employee development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both individuals and large groups; ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy and inspire, influence, and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- A strong servant leader with a demonstrated ability to support self-organizing teams and organizations.
- Willingness to take calculated risks and to support risk taking in others.
- Comfortable leading an Agile organization; expert in Agile methodologies and Agile best practices.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top