VP, Product Management
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to do the best work of your life with CA Technologies in Vancouver?
As VP Product Management, you will provide product management vision as well as strategic, business, and operational leadership to recognize and realize market opportunities for CA's thriving API management business unit. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the Application Economy, working with a suite of industry leading API management products leveraged at scale today by many significant enterprise customers.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit httphttp://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Establish, drive, and communicate compelling product vision to engineering and customers
- Lead, coach, and manage product management team of 15+ to keenly understand customer needs and to execute on product strategy
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and other leaders to ensure that the execution of work is aligned with business vision and strategy
- Act as glue between customers, delivered features, and strategy
- Take an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback
- Own the product management practices and ensuring that they are thriving and continuously improving in their effectiveness and business value
- Determine investment areas and spent percentages
- Lead quarterly planning process and product steering meetings
How you'll Stand Out:
You have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of your product management career. You have a track record of truly visionary and effective product leadership, as well as a reputation for building enduring relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at every level. You are known for having a highly collaborative approach, and you are a strong mentor and a servant leader who brings out the best in people. The following describes you:
- Deeply experienced as a technology product leader including at the VP level
- Extensive background with enterprise software products
- Substantial market knowledge and experience specifically in the API management domain, as well as strong knowledge in integration, middleware, security, and devops tools
- Strong go-to-market execution knowledge
- Strong technical background to speak to the 'what' and 'why' of technical requirements, and to understand our products and key Developer and Enterprise Architect personas
- Strong experience in leading high performing teams
- Ability to negotiate requirements and deliverables effectively with engineering
- Highly effective as a driver and working with diverse stakeholders
- Superb communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and engage others in product vision
- Ever ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle things hands-on
- Strong understanding of Agile practices and thinking
- Flexibility to travel approximately 30%
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top