Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation
The Continuous Delivery (CD) business unit at CA Technologies is hiring a Vice President of North America Presales who will report to the Vice President of North America Sales for Continuous Delivery. In this leadership role you will have the opportunity to directly influence our product strategy, messaging, partnerships, and field execution to accelerate our growth and strengthen our dominance in this marketplace.
Our CD portfolio is helping the “who’s who” of global brands across all industries improve speed to market, enhance their customer experience, remove operational risks, and optimize the cost associated with their software development lifecycle. Our projects and engagements are the foundation for our customer’s digital transformation initiatives and deliver significant results that often receive board level visibility. Our customer list is comprised of companies that most start-ups could only dream of doing business with and it our team is extremely prideful of the role we have played in their innovation and advancements.
CA is proactively addressing the next generation of challenges organizations face across the entire IT value chain (Plan, Build, Test, Deploy, Secure, Run, Feedback) and the significant investments that have been made in the Continuous Delivery portfolio is at the center of CA’s strategy.
- Inspirational Executive and DevOps/CD Evangelist who frequently speaks to large audiences, leads strategy discussions with C/SVP level prospects, and advocates for our CD portfolio on social media.
- Lead and manage the North America CD presales management team and their respective teams on aligning closely with the sales organization, professional/personal development, presales execution/operational best practices, and proactively engaging customers via thought leadership, deep domain knowledge, and solution selling.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that optimize the “business of presales” and ensure thorough resource and time management across the organization to service the existing pipeline, generate new pipeline, optimize existing customer experience, and adapt with our continued growth.
- Build and maintain customer relationships with senior executives and decision makers.
- Build and maintain partner relationships with senior executives and practice leaders.
- 6 Direct Reports and total team size of ~50 of the most talented people on the plant.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of managers and a team of 30+
- 15 or more years of experience in the IT industry with significant experience with software development and continuous delivery practices.
- Strong technical understanding of the software development life cycle (waterfall, agile, continuous integration, continuous delivery, etc.), various types of testing (functional, performance, integration, etc.), and the complexities of an application release process.
- Strong point of view on DevOps and experience with transformation selling strategies and business case development.
- Excels in a matrix selling environment collaborating with sales, services, partners, product, management and product marketing.
- Experience managing a team that supports a multi-product portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, or business discipline. An MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Global experience preferred
- Obvious passion about Agile, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery. Live it, love it, and evangelize the business impact of successful adopting these practices.
- Commitment to excellence, high integrity, and a true team player.
- Lead from the front mentality with a strong cadence. Travel 3 weeks out of the month.
- Coach, develop, and motivate a team.
- Tribal/inclusive/empowering leadership vs command and control
- Uses data and KPI’s to create, strengthen and validate point of view
- Confident, optimistic, enthusiastic, and authentic
- Contagious positive energy
- Strong collaboration and indirect influence skills.
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Engages with customer and partner executives to establish and develop high-impact relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start up mentality, environment with proven experience to make an immediate impact.
- Agile mindset and courage to adapt the organization to evolving market and business demands
- Strong self-awareness and lifelong learner
Learn More About CA Continuous Delivery
A career at CA Technologies is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged and inspired to innovate. You’ll take pride in your work and will take part in helping CA empower the new application economy. Knowing is not enough; you must Apply. Willing is not enough; you must DO!
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top