VP, Practice Services
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you ready for the best work of your life?
This position is responsible for thought leadership, domain expertise, and overall performance for a chosen CA Services Practice and associated CA Business Unit. This position is responsible for building a specialist services organization of required skills and scale to effectively meet the Services business financial objectives and customer satisfaction objectives through successful execution of customer engagements for the designated Practice.
- Accountable for the Practice's overall performance; Report Practice performance to the SVP, Global Practices
- Represent Practice involvement and initiatives to CA's senior leaders and groups outside of the Practice
- Active participant in the senior management team's daily and weekly processes
- Establish and oversee the Practice management area team's daily and weekly processes
- Provide an updated area delivery forecast to Finance, as requested
- Provide quality input to CA's strategy and planning activities
- Ensure quality and professionalism is monitored and measured within the Practice
- Manage the Practice's investment, non-chargeable expenses, receivables, and other costs over a sustained period. Work with the Finance to ensure that targets are met
- Lead the Practice's strategy and planning activities
- Establish and oversee the Practice management team's daily and weekly processes
- Provide an updated delivery forecast to finance as requested
- Manage the sales relationship with the business unit sales group
- Engage at a senior level with clients and potential clients to re-enforce CA's strategic direction, domain expertise, product knowledge and agreed project commitment.
- Present at industry or other events sponsored by CA
- Identify needs in the marketplace and drives development of 'in demand' service offerings applicable to Practice area
- Drive sales, delivery and staffing efforts to ensure ability to achieve quarterly and annual targets
- Drive professionalism and delivery quality throughout the team
Client Relationships & Delivery Excellence
- Develop strategic client relations with executive level client personnel
- Lead and manage the practice portfolio of projects and the resources managing and delivering the projects
- Manage client expectations within strategic accounts
- Respond to escalations at the executive management level
- Support User Groups with guidance from Business Unit and Corporate Marketing
- Is responsible for the Program and Project Delivery theory and practices
Team & Staff Management
- Establish direction while creating a high-performance, high morale working environment
- Mentor the Practice senior management team members in Program and Project Delivery theory and practice
- Create high performance teams and by ensuring staff are enabled for professional growth
- Responsible for executing the following tasks in association with direct management responsibility:
- Ensure all staff adheres to the Time and Expense Policy as posted on QMS. Ensure each team member responsible for time approval reviews each entry for accuracy, then approves in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all staff adheres to CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available at LMS.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with each team member.
- Prepare and deliver goals and performance reviews for each team member in accordance with corporate policy.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Resource Management teams to obtain time and expense data for use in appropriately managing team members.
- Mentor and coach team members ensuring each has targeted training plans and understands required developmental components needed for career progression.
- Interview and hire new employees in association with open requisitions.
- Proper performance review and termination if necessary of non-performers in conjunction with manager approval.
- Actively participating in the sales account planning and pipeline management planning activities to assist in identifying new and follow up Services and Education opportunities.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field.
Typically 12 or more years of experience in a business and technical management position leading a practice area business with services sales and revenue targets, business development, architecture, product management, project management and consulting management experience. Experience managing teams of 15+ resources on complex multi-phase projects. Combination of advanced technical knowledge and experience managing and reporting on complex projects is required. Experienced in the integration of products to create solutions.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated business acumen to lead an area services practice team and manage sales and revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to analyze IT business requirements, define/design appropriate IT solution, create detailed Time-to-Value phased execution scopes.
- Demonstrate ability to engage in hands-on implementation of software technology at a complex level for single Business Unit multi-product solutions and/or cross Business Unit multi-product integrated solutions of chosen expertise.
- Proven comprehension of solutions capabilities and how the solution is designed to be integrated into the client environment.
- Must possess advanced business and technology troubleshooting skills for products of chosen expertise and for complex integrated solutions.
- Ability to understand and communicate how solution(s) of chosen expertise resolve typical client business needs.
- Must execute impeccable business level of written and oral professional communication.
- Within first 90 days must achieve CA product training and certification in a minimum of 2 CA products of expertise as agreed to by your Manager. Also complete associated solution training that aligns with chosen products.
- Industry specific certification such as, ITIL or CISSP as appropriate.
- Must maintain updated training as required annually.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top