VP, Business Unit Executive
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Come innovate with us!
We are looking for a VP of Software to lead the development and deployment of our Security Products. The right individual will have a strong background in leading and developing applications in an Agile environment.
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Developing and deploying Security Applications
- Leading, mentoring and motivating a large development team
- Working with Product Management to develop next generation products
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
How you'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. An ideal background will include:
- A thorough understanding of the Security environment
- Experience with complex architectures and helping make technical trade-offs
- Values and has experience with implementing lightweight engineering process
- Demonstrable leadership experience inspiring and motivating small, early stage engineering teams (5-10 engineers and architects)
- Expert knowledge of the Agile methodologies, benefits and pitfalls, and how to manage expectations with non-technical managers
- Previous experience as a software developer, understanding what it takes to deliver solid and stable
- Experiential knowledge of browsers, CSS, HTML, and web services to lead the team's efforts to adopt best practices and solid architectural solutions
- Ability to communicate complex topics to multiple audiences in order to generate a common roadmap between sales, marketing, product management, and engineering
- Technical degree in CS or engineering, advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA)
- Highly motivated; passionate over achiever
- Superior ability to communicate at all levels, in all disciplines
- Highest level of integrity
- Role model and natural leader
- Metric-driven leader with excellent analytical skills and an ability to identify trends / anomalies
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus results and execution
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top