Vice President of Cybersecurity
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here.
The Vice President of Cybersecurity will be responsible for establishing and maintaining CA’s world-wide Cybersecurity program that includes, 24/7 SOC, Outsourced Security Services, Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, Network Security, IPS & Malware Services, Policies, Standards and Compliance.
This position will have responsibility to lead and influence global Cybersecurity strategy, processes and solutions across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, a consensus builder, and an integrator of people, process and technology. They will able to coordinate disparate drivers, constraints and personalities, while maintaining objectivity and a strong understanding of Cybersecurity priorities and services to protect CA’s crown jewels.
In addition, The Vice President of Cybersecurity will provide global Cybersecurity, Compliance, and Risk Management leadership across in-house and externally hosted solutions, including those in AWS and Azure.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Develop, implement, and manage an enterprise-wide Cybersecurity strategy and roadmap to ensure security, integrity, confidentiality, and availability of CA’s assets.
- Develop and maintain, global Incident Management program.
- Coordinate the use of external resources involved in the Cybersecurity program, including, but not limited to, negotiating contracts and fees with vendors, and managing vendor resources in India and US.
- Manage a global team of Cybersecurity professional located in multiple countries, including US and India.
- Collaborate with multiple teams, including other teams within Cybersecurity org, Enterprise Audit, Legal, HR, Corporate Security and others to establish a Cybersecurity risk management program focused on identifying and reducing risks and prioritizing Cybersecurity tasks/activities based on risks.
- Lead and leverage a team of direct and indirect Cybersecurity professionals and IT SME’s to drive enterprise-wide information protection and security solutions.
- Build and sustain a Cybersecurity organization that can keep pace with the rapidly changing threats and solution landscape.
- Develop, maintain, and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards, patterns and guidelines.
- Develop and oversee enterprise-wide information protection and security awareness and training.
- Maintain and mature our ISO27001 certification.
- Develop business-relevant actionable metrics and dashboard to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall Cybersecurity program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline (Masters, MBA, highly preferred).
- 15+ years of experience in one or more field of IT.
- Experience driving strategy with cross-functional team and stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge and experience across multiple information protection and security domains .
- Broad knowledge and experience across IT infrastructure including IAAS, PAAS, and SaaS implementations.
- Experience with security frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, SoX, NIST, PCI, and other relevant security-related regulations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise information technology processes and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) processes and methodologies.
- Understanding of common protocols ranging from midlevel (IP, TCP, UDP) to application level (Syslog, SSL, HTTPS, FTP, DNS) .
- Understanding of a wide variety of attacks such as cross-site scripting, network intrusions, malicious emails, web-based attacks, malware, botnet infections, etc. Ability to frame and communicate security and risk-related concepts to all technical and nontechnical audiences, at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences, up through and including the Board of Directors .
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Professional security certifications such as CISSP, CCISO, or CISA or equivalent experience.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
Our Mission – we eliminate barriers; the barriers between ideas and outcomes. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT. We love the game, and never stop chasing greatness. If you want to fulfil your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers, then CA Technologies is where you belong.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top