Territory Account Director
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for positively impacting the relative attributes on growth market and large new accounts, including customer satisfaction, NCV growth, share of wallet and the successful introduction of new solutions within a defined territory (as opposed to specific named accounts). This requires a thorough understanding of the prospects’/clients’ business and the industry in which they compete and a deep knowledge of their IT initiatives in order to identify needs which CA can help resolve, develop compelling business value proposals for our solutions and ultimately close business. This position is further responsible for developing and maintaining trusted relationships with the C-suite, senior level decision makers, and other key buyers within the assigned territory.
This position must be seen by the customer as being both customer centric and solutions oriented. Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Manage and optimize the overall customer account experience
- Financial Targets: Meet or exceed CA’s stated financial quotas and targets
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate proficiency with CA’s internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate increasing proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Mobilize, collaborate with, and effectively run virtual team(s)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the customer’s business and its competitive landscape.
- Demonstrate understanding the customer’s operational processes.
- Identify CA solutions that address customer’s needs and lead efforts to sell such solutions.
- Effectively and compellingly communicate CA’s capabilities to address IT needs that support the customer’s business objectives.
- Drive multi-brand solutions, without functional or geographical boundaries.
- Marshal appropriate internal and partner technical resources to demonstrating CA’s advantages to the customer.
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives and decision makers.
- Build long-term partnerships and trust.
- Demonstrate thought leadership to the customer.
- Understand and navigate the customer’s buying process.
- Measure and communicate value delivered to customer to ensure strength of relationship.
- Lead territory account review and customer satisfaction survey processes to assess overall client satisfaction. Act on results.
- Identify, qualify new and expanded sales opportunities to determine their viability and alignment the customer’s and CA’s business objectives.
- Negotiate and close sales opportunities.
- Meet or exceed stated financial targets.
- Develop, maintain and manage plans to attain financial targets.
- Manage measure and accurately predict financial outcomes.
- Manage opportunities and transactions to ensure long-term stability and sustainability of book-of-business.
Internal Business Processes
- Demonstrate proficiency with CA’s approved methods and processes for:
- Territory Account Planning
- Opportunity Planning
- Lead to Quote
- Performance Management
- Need-based Sales Methodology
- Demonstrate working knowledge and adherence to CA’s Code of Ethics and compliance requirements.
Demonstrate on-going personal and professional development and increased proficiency with respect to the following capabilities:
- Comfort-level around senior management.
- Proposal development, negotiation and closing.
- Business and industry acumen.
- Problem solving skill and agility.
- Solutions expertise.
- Competitor awareness and positioning against CA solutions.
- Consultative ‘questioning’ and active listening.
- Oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Virtual team leadership and collaboration.
- Proficiency with CA sales tools (e.g. solution whiteboard, presentations, demonstrations) and resources.
Leadership, Teamwork and Planning
- Assemble, and lead activities of, the virtual sales team defining and presenting CA solutions to address customer needs.
- Demonstrate proficiency in teambuilding and conflict management.
- Recognize team members’ roles, responsibilities, strengths and weaknesses in order to improve and optimize virtual team effectiveness.
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating CA’s internal processes and systems, and supporting roles.
- Support teambuilding and demonstrate conflict management resolution.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Demonstrate effective partnering with CA’s internal and external partners.
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Decision to bring in appropriate or additional account team resources and assign issue ownership as needed.
- Prioritization and sales strategy of prospective solutions based on customer need.
- Prioritization, planning and direction of customer-related activities.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Area (multi-country or multi-state).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field or equivalent.
Training in business and account management.
Typically 7 or more years of experience with a proven track record of success in managing and growing growth market and large new accounts.
Skills & Competencies
- Customer Focus:Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of CA’s Solution Sets: Know and understand CA’s products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers’ business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers.
- Territory Management:Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short- term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication:Delivers oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge:Knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling:Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA’s sales methodology.
- Business Acumen:Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top