CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for researching, authoring, curating, updating, and testing technical content for one or more products within a team setting. Content must be audience appropriate and comply with standards.
Content Creation and Management
- Partner with stakeholders, customers, and Agile teams to research, create, test, curate, and deliver accurate, clear, and concise technical content for one or more products according to team and project milestones as part of multiple Agile teams.
- Participate in peer reviews for own and other’s work.
- Learn how customers use content through customer interaction and data analysis, and then use that information to improve the customer experience.
- Understand and execute on the content roadmaps for products.
- Advocate for content the customer can find and use easily, including championing department initiatives to provide quality content (such as lean content).
- Review the user interface (UI), partner with UX designers to suggest ways to make the UI intuitive, and provide content that can be embedded in the UI.
- Monitor and respond to customers using a variety of mechanisms to address customer feedback and ensure that content meets their needs.
- Develop and implement efficient ways to manage the work to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for own growth and development by keeping knowledge of department and industry current, understanding products, customers, and competitors, meeting training deadlines, and setting challenging goals for growth.
- Communicate, collaborate, coach/mentor, and innovate with others in alignment with core values.
- Establish relationships with multiple departments (such as Education, Marketing, Product Management) and collaborate with them to produce content relevant to the business and the customer’s needs.
- Lead DocOps initiatives across multiple Agile teams.
- Actively participate in all aspects of Agile development, including ceremonies, planning, and end of sprint demos.
- Participate in setting, meeting, and reviewing team commitments.
- Identify problems, suggest improvements, and formulate solutions by using basic understanding of assigned products, customers, competitors, standards, tools, and processes.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. An intermediate level professional role. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Determines own workload as part of Agile Scrum team.
- Decides priority of work assignments.
- Incorporates review comments from multiple sources.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically 2 or more years in an industry related role. Will typically have worked in technical support, system administration, or product development type roles with exposure to marketing.
Skills & Competencies
- Author, edit, test, and deliver content.
- Author audience-appropriate content.
- Revise existing content to improve usability.
- Perform independent research to understand a product.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers and colleagues.
- Set priorities and escalate issues appropriately.
- Demonstrate proficiency with tools including Microsoft Office, Confluence, Author-it, Acrolinx, and Adobe products and technology including operating systems, programming concepts, and source control.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top