SVP, Product Management (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
As the SVP, Product Management you will report to the General Manager of the Agile Management Business Unit. You will build and lead the product management team while ensuring a collaborative and productive work environment with engineering. The Product Management team is based in North America and in India.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
About the Role
This role will work in partnership with customers to capture insight on required features while leading the definition of MRDs and PRDs. You will effectively partner with marketing and sales to create a cohesive go-to-market strategy. Key Responsibilities include:
- Building a world-class product management organization capable of driving product initiatives that correlate financial performance with product market performance
- Translating the core strategic vision into a prioritized product roadmap, implementing industry best practices and processes related to product planning, product management and overall product lifecycle management
- Assessing current and evolving customer needs and performing market analysis to help determine build/buy/partner decisions
- Leading and coordinating all internal and external resources to ensure project delivery within market specs, budget and schedule
- Working with engineering teams to articulate market/product requirements in order to take roadmap initiatives through the development lifecycle from prototype to generally available to end of life
- Representing the product management organization’s interests, needs and agenda to make sure they are in alignment with the senior leadership team and overall company strategy
- Representing CA at industry events: panels, keynotes, and customer panels
How You’ll Stand Out
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience leading the product design and product lifecycle environment and an in-depth knowledge of the issues and opportunities present in the Application Lifecycle Management industry
- Experience building large-scale enterprise products in an agile/scrum environment
- Proven record of success in both large, complex environments as well as smaller, nimble organizations
- Experience leading a globally distributed team of Product Managers
- Demonstrated experience building and sustaining industry, corporate and client relationships and capitalizing on those relationships to generate revenue
- Demonstrated technical acumen. The successful candidate will demonstrate appropriate technical depth to help shape the fundamental technical strategy of CA’s products
- Ability to communicate product vision to all levels of management and customers
- Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player, and a leader
- A primary, intense concern about leading and motivating others. Must be capable of taking dramatic, symbolic actions to inspire and energize others around a vision of CA’s future
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field preferred
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top