SVP, Product Management (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
CA’s Security Business Unit includes a comprehensive set of solutions to address the growing concern across all enterprises and organizations regarding external and internal threats to their environments and the critical data they contain. Our identity-centric security portfolio allows customers to manage identities and regulate access from the device to the data center, providing a complete, end-to-end, and multi-channel security solution. This empowers customers to centrally manage and control access to applications and data in both on premise and cloud deployments, and across web, mobile and API channels.
As the SVP, Product Management you will provide vision, leadership and help to define the culture of Product Management within the Security BU. You will partner closely with your peers in Engineering, Architecture, and UX to ensure the organization is building the right things in the right way. You will also work closely with senior and executive leadership to ensure the business and technology objectives of the organization are being met, and you will provide input on long term strategic direction.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
About the Role
You will provide guidance and strategic direction and act as a thought leader with primary responsibility for developing and executing innovative strategies to achieve business objectives and meet company goals within the security space.
- Lead the Program Portfolio Management process and determine the strategic themes associated with the portfolio, based on the enterprise business strategy
- Develop the portfolio vision
- Adapt Product Management goals for the product line based on changes in CA strategy.
- Lead business review activities for Product Management
- Partner with Program and Portfolio Leadership to understand, plan for and meet evolving future product release resource and technical requirements
- Sponsor programs aimed at attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing top Product Management talent
- Stay abreast of and share industry/technology trends relevant to the Product Management discipline
- Sponsor efforts to identify, implement and adopt new tools, practices and procedures that drive Product Management efficiency across the organization
How You’ll Stand Out
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Typically 15 or more years of experience leading product strategy and management teams within global software development companies
- Technical expertise with the Security domain is essential. IAM experience is an asset
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto in all interactions and equip the team to do the same
- Demonstrated exemplary personal integrity and ability to build trust within an organization
- Superior ability to motivate and inspire team members to deliver on commitments
- Ability to build partnerships and proactively establish a variety of contacts across the organization
- Ability to proactively recognize and resolve conflict through collaboration and consensus
- Willingness to take calculated risks, and to support risk taking in others
- Strong strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified—Level Six (PMC-VI) or equivalent desirable
- Bachelor’s degree and an MBA in a related field is preferred
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top