SVP, Portfolio Strategy
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
The SVP, Portfolio Strategy will lead a dedicated team working across CA’s vast product portfolio to define strategic priorities. The Portfolio Strategy team collaborates with Business Unit General Managers, strategists and product leads to help them see around corners as they evaluate near-term, medium-term and future plans.
You will have a broad mandate to ensure that each BU’s software solutions fit into a holistic vision of CA’s overall value proposition. The Portfolio Strategy team also interfaces with Corporate Strategy, Marketing, Operations and Finance to ensure that individual BU strategic plans align with the company-wide portfolio strategy.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
About the Role
As the SVP, Portfolio Strategy you will lead a team that will have three major objectives:
- Set top down, market-grounded strategic priorities for the entire Product Organization
- Ensure line-of-sight to near-term, medium-term and future strategic priorities across the portfolio
- Deliver a continuous flow of market intelligence, technical insight and real-time portfolio analysis to support recommendations for rebalancing investments and priorities
- For each of CA’s product categories, understand the competitive space, the broad characteristics of each market and CA’s points of differentiation
- Utilize market data, primary research and feedback from the field to understand evolving customer expectations and assess CA’s performance against those expectations
- Build trusted partnerships with the Chief Product Officer and his BU SVP/GM direct reports
- Architect and drive ambitious cross-functional initiatives that deliver growth and increase speed and efficiency of execution across the portfolio
- Understand and articulate the near, middle and long-term financial implications of product portfolio decisions
- Partner with the BU GM’s and corporate strategy to set shared goals and priorities, and ensure that change initiatives are planned and executed in alignment with the desired business outcomes
- Work with Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development to align around the M&A pipeline; ensure that M&A priorities support the overall product portfolio strategy and vision
How You’ll Stand Out
The ideal candidate will be an experienced software executive with domain expertise that aligns against CA’s existing and emerging technology priorities. Specifically, you will have particular depth in Agile Management and Operations, DevOps, Continuous Delivery and / or Security. You will bring a mix of strategic acumen and technical credibility, most likely developed through foundational technical training, top tier management consulting experience and strategic and operational leadership roles within leading software companies.
While you will lead and expand a direct team, you will also be known for driving and building support for massive global initiatives that may involve hundreds or thousands of internal and external team members. In addition, you will have an innate ability to seamlessly switch between long-term strategic planning and current quarter execution against goals and objectives. You will also demonstrate the following:
- An exceptional ability to articulate product vision and business strategy as it relates to a group of products in a complex portfolio, and to communicate the business and strategic value of existing market efforts and emerging market opportunities
- World class analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and knowledge of the technologies, tools and third party resources that enable analysis and insight development
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and a comfort level with ambiguity and rapidly changing business and technical landscapes
- A comfort level working in complex, highly matrixed organizations
- Experience recruiting, retaining and leading high performance teams
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top