Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
The SVP, Operations will lead a dedicated team working across CA's vast product portfolio to define strategic priorities. You will provide leadership, management and coordination of business support functions, including reporting, business intelligence, transformation, training implementation plans, field facing communications, and ad hoc initiatives and projects.
While directly supporting CA's global Product organization, you will serve as a conduit for the regional operation teams for all field facing operational initiatives, including interfacing with Corporate Strategy, Operations and Finance.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
About the Role
As the SVP, Operations you will build trusted partnerships with the Chief Product Officer and his BU SVP/GM direct reports. You will have key responsibilities to:
- Lead key business transformation initiatives
- Work cross functionally with Finance business leaders to optimize business performance
- Provide strategic direction and act as a thought leader with primary responsibility for developing and executing innovative global strategies to achieve business objectives and meet company goals
- Adapt goals for the business function based on changes in CA strategy. Ensure change initiatives are planned and executed at a global level in alignment with the desired business outcomes
- Manage and lead a select number of executive events which shall include the strategy, planning and execution of these events.
- Implement operations productivity tools and measure resulting gains
- Manage communication with the various internal client organizations.
- Manage direct line reports within the Operations team to create an effective, highly productive team that communicates across all functions and projects.
- Represent CA in industry groups and events to create internal and external awareness of functional solutions.
- Develop and/or improve tools, systems, processes, and procedures to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
How You'll Stand Out
The ideal candidate will be an experienced executive with domain expertise that aligns against CA's existing and emerging technology priorities with a focus on next gen software and SaaS. Specifically, you will have experience within either Agile Management and Operations, DevOps, Continuous Delivery and / or Security. You will provide strategic leadership, serving as primary contact and consultant to executive team members on major functional issues.
While you will lead, and expand a direct team, you will also be known for driving and building support for massive global initiatives that may involve hundreds or thousands of internal and external team members. In addition, you will have an innate ability to seamlessly switch between long-term strategic planning and current quarter execution against goals and objectives. You will also have demonstrated experience as follows:
- Typically,15 years of experience in finance, operations, preferably in the Information Technology sector with current or prior work history in an enterprise Fortune 500 company
- An exceptional ability to articulate product vision and business strategy as it relates to a group of products in a complex portfolio, and to communicate the business and strategic value of existing market efforts and emerging market opportunities
- Strong operational management experience
- Proven ability as a change agent or advocate of business transformation
- World class analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and knowledge of the technologies, tools and third party resources that enable analysis and insight development
- Proactive and entrepreneurial style and strong ability to work without direct day-to-day management.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively direct the company's overall operations to maximize revenues and profits.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills.
- A comfort level working in complex, highly matrixed organizations
- Experience recruiting, retaining and leading high performance teams
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade others as appropriate.
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in a business-related field. MBA or global equivalent preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top