SVP, Corp Law & Asst Corporate Secretary
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
As the SVP, Corp Law & Asst Corporate Secretary you will be responsible to serve as a focal point for communication with the Board of Directors, the CEO, CFO, General Counsel and the company’s shareholders, and occupy a key role in the administration of CA’s critical corporate governance and corporate finance matters.
Additionally, you will have responsibility for managing legal matters operating within a broad delegation of authority from the General Counsel, pertaining to CA’s merger and acquisition activity. You will liaise with key regulators and law enforcement officials to protect company profitability and promote future growth by preventing or minimizing the impact of adverse regulations.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
About the Role
Your responsibilities will encompass providing guidance and direction in several areas including Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance, Corporate Finance, and Strategic Involvement & Leadership as follows:
- Oversee the preparation and filing of all SEC filings and security law matters in coordination with Finance team
- Work directly with Audit Committee regarding securities law matters
- Prepare and maintain official corporate notices, records and actions in accordance with federal and state government and regulatory agency requirements
- Coordinate with CEO office, Chairman and General Counsel to plan all Board and Committee meetings, prepare agendas and record minutes
- Maintain records of meetings and other actions of the Board and its Committees, ensuring that files containing all materials are provided to the Board
- Coordinate with investor relations to plan shareholder meetings, prepare agenda and record minutes
- Communicate with stockholders with regard to general corporate policy and annual meetings
- Manage all issues and registrations related to CA’s global subsidiaries
- Manage documentation of all intercompany loans and intercompany agreements
- Determine authority levels to assure that actions that need to be authorized by the Board and/or one or more Committees are so authorized
- Oversee negotiation, execution and legal due diligence of company Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture activities
- Manage negotiation, execution and legal due diligence of all company debt raising
- Manage compliance with all debt covenants
- Sign and verify corporate documents, including loans, leases, and other legal documents requiring a corporate representative’s signature
Strategic Involvement & Leadership
- Provide strategic direction and act as a thought leader with primary responsibility for developing and executing innovative strategies to achieve business objectives and meet company goals
- Serve as a member of senior leadership team, assuming other special projects/assignments as determined by the Executive Team
- Develop and/or improve tools, systems, processes, and procedures to increase department efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage outside counsel for all areas within scope of responsibility
- Act as key advisor to executive management and the General Counsel on all issues arising within his/her responsibilities
- Ensure effective resource planning, utilization and develop future leaders within the group
How You’ll Stand Out
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of legal experience as a corporate attorney, which should include experience in a major law firm and in house experience
- Securities Law and Corporate Secretarial experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing other legal professionals
- M&A experience in a large, publicly held corporation
- Expert level knowledge of securities, disclosure, corporate governance, M&A and financial transactional law
- Ability to closely work and partner with senior management, Board of Directors and company employees
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade others as appropriate
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively direct the company’s overall operations in order to maximize revenues and profits
- Superior writing and public speaking ability
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an ABA accredited law school or a law degree from an accredited law school
- Bar admission in good standing in at least one state (required domestic) or admitted as solicitor in the relevant jurisdiction and in accordance with local law (international)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top