Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As Support Engineer you are responsible for providing front-end technical support to customers and proactively enabling customer self-service.
- Take ownership of technical customer requests and provide support for a product or solution using telephone, email, communities or chat.
- Independently apply acquired technical knowledge and open-ended problem solving methodology to assess increasingly complex problems, analyze root causes, and advise customers on solutions.
- Research, analyze, and resolve complex functionality and usability related issues.
- Perform troubleshooting by recreating a customer scenario on internal testing equipment with a comparable software configuration.
- Understand and accurately document product questions that require in-depth analysis ; determine and pursue the appropriate process to progress the issue to resolution.
- Identify complex or high impact issues and coordinate with senior staff where necessary for resolution. Escalate unresolved customer issues to the appropriate subject matter expert or manager according to product line procedures.
- Proactively enable customer self-service
- Contributes and updates content in the knowledge base, external forums and user communities in order to enable customers to self-serve
- Educates the customer on how to leverage self-service resources by demonstrating functionality and best practices
- Manage own time to prioritize and balance all assignments.
- Maintain knowledge of Support policies, procedures, tools and systems; including Engineer Handbook guidelines.
- Experience of working in Blazemeter / Jmeter / other Performance Testing tools
- Good understanding of Computer Sciences basics such as Computer Networking and Operating Systems (Redhat/Ubuntu/OSx)
- Service orientation – providing excellent customer support while protecting the company’s interests and being responsible, self-directed and highly adaptive to changing priorities
- Troubleshooting skills – debugging scripts/product, writing basic scripts and strong analytical capabilities
- English speaking/writing – high level
- Good understanding of scripting languages (Java, Ruby, JS, Python)
- Experience in the field of Testing/QA/DevOps/Ops
- Technical knowledge in performance testing
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top