Sr User Experience Designer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
In the multi-billion dollar game of enterprise software, CA Technologies' Mainframe UX Design team is looking to compete on design, and we are looking for A-players whose passion for design is contagious. Come prepared to use your vast design experience, love for developing awesome designs, and unbridled charisma to push the boundaries of design on an epic scale.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Lead and/or work closely with Product Management and researchers to build research plans and interview users
- Synthesize research and update or extend our existing framework of organizational types, user personas, and scenarios
- Plan, lead and conduct design workshops
- Design thoughtful user experiences and a great looking product based on real user needs, motivations, and pain-points
- Contribute positively to design discussions by creating sketches, providing constructive design commentary, and sharing evaluative critique
- Deliver designs and follow through with the Engineering team to drive fit-and-finish polish
- Author UI standards, styles and patterns and assist with creation of visual artifacts and graphics for use in the UI as needed
- Collaborate, test, refine and validate your designs with the team and the product's end users
- Plan, lead and conduct usability testing studies
- Identify possible usability issues with the existing product and make constructive suggestions for improvement
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Track current trends, patterns, and technologies, and share your passion for them with the CA design community
- Coach & mentor junior User Experience Designers
Skills Required :
- An amazing design portfolio (include a link to an online portfolio)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or closely related field
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Information or Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or related HCI discipline is required. Master's degree is preferred for Information Architect and UX Researcher specialties. Equivalent practical experience will be considered
- Deep, demonstrated experience in user research, interaction design and usability testing with an ability to contribute to design strategy, visual design and detailed design specifications
- Fluency with user research, usability testing and interaction design methods and tools
- Proficient knowledge of relationship of UX activities to development methods and work instructions (ex: Agile, Lean)
- Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with finding better ways of doing things
- Excellent communication skills, including experience speaking with a wide variety of technical and business audiences
- Strong co-design and facilitation skills
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top