Sr. Technical Writer/Content Strategist
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Technical Writer/Content Strategist to join our team in Santa Clara CA providing end-to-end content support for our Accelerator program. The Accelerator program is an incubator within CA that gives innovators the opportunity to build new products using lean startup principles.
As a Sr. Technical Writer/Content Strategist , you will serve as the content strategist and create the entire set of documentation for all of the next-generation Accelerator productsThis position gives you the rare opportunity to work with all the Accelerator startup teams to define, create, test, release, and maintain technical documentation for a highly technical audience.
You will coordinate and communicate effectively with highly technical business leads in person, or through e-mail and telephone. Here, your ability to ask focused questions and to extract useful information efficiently is essential.
Beside quick grasp on technology, good writing skills is a must. Use of style guides, document templates, production checklists, and other standards for the project is essential. Further, you might organize document reviews, ensuring that all required reviewers have read the documents and submitted comments in a timely fashion, according to established protocols.
In short, you will be responsible for:
- Researching content requirements by working closely with business leads, reading engineering specs, using the product, and interviewing other team members.
- Providing strong content strategy tailored to each specific Accelerator product
- Developing alternative content for Accelerators (videos, other collateral material, blogs, etc.)
- Following documentation processes and style guides when writing the documentation.
- Writing conceptual, task-based, and reference documentation that describes the functionality of the product.
- Creating documentation plans and estimatingtime required to complete the involved tasks.
- Communicating documentation status to documentation manager regularly
- Providing high quality of documentation.
- Writing in clear and precise language for a global audience.
- 5 plus years of technical writing experience along with content strategy experience (of which at least 2-3 years must be in a Product-based software organization)
- Experience with Confluence, Web Works Publisher, and HTML
- Knowledge of application and Web servers and other modern technology
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Ability to understand sample code
- Experience writing for next-generation SaaS products
- Knowledge of SQL and XML
- Good understanding of impact of work on the feature, product, and team
- Ability to deliver during critical time periods
- Ability to work on multiple products at once effectively
- Ability to understand the customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Familiarity with GitHub and other modern software development tools
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top