Sr Solution Center Consultant - Agile
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is the consultant responsible for evaluating and resolving complex customer requests for a technology/solution area on behalf of a customer at the application level to ensure the product(s) are operating as designed and they are receiving the full value of the product(s).
- Utilize Services Best Practices and creative innovation to accurately and efficiently respond to customer requests for the product of chosen expertise within the client environment remotely.
- Learn and understand customer environment and priorities. Verify the product is working as designed and make recommendations for improving value to the customer.
- Provide technical assistance to more junior level team members in delivery of customer needs and resolution of issues.
- Create and apply best practices for product optimization.
- Remotely access customer system to verify CA products are adequately configured to perform R&O tasks and to address complex customer-specific configuration requirements.
- Assist customer with defining backup configuration and restore procedures and periodic testing.
- Configure system reporting functions as required to meet customer needs (set up auto reports to go out as expected, set up distribution as needed).
- Create scripts to automate routine tasks where appropriate.
- Effectively troubleshoot technical product operational issues and assist CA Support with resolution as needed
- Maintain knowledge about various architectures and protocols
- Possess current experience with data architecture and application architecture.
- Deploy/upgrade to new product functionality remotely.
- Maintain application knowledge of the products developed by the assigned business unit(s).
Typical Role definition:
Professional Staff. A senior level professional role. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity required. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Has mastered the basic job duties. Performs work under general supervision that is varied, and may be difficult, yet typically involves limited responsibility. Assignments can be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. Instructions generally provided in general terms. May take on project lead role as required.
Job-Specific Authority and Role:
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Decide priorities while working with customers
- Formulate solutions to meet customer needs
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region(APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical demands:
Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.Physical demand:
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field.
Typically 5 -7 years of work experience as an IT professional are required for this position.
Skills & Competencies:
- Servers - Windows, Unix
- Operating Systems - Client OS, Windows, Linux
- Database - MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MS Access, Directory Servers
- LDAP, Open LDAP, Oracle, Sun, IBM, CA Directory
- Protocalls - HTTP, CSS, LDAP, X500, ODBC/JDBC, SMTP, POP3/IMAP, SNMP
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careersWe and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.EOE/Min/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top