Sr Solution Center Consultant
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Senior Solution Consultant – CA – Application Management Services / Solution Center – Plano, TX
Location(s): Plano, TX
“Let our solution experts optimize your implementation so that your IT professionals are free to seize the opportunities of the application economy“…….Your future starts here!
CA Application Management Services team provides critical support in implementing and maintaining our customers in supporting various CA products and solutions. This allows the AMS team to provide performance analytics to our customers in finding find performance problems and root causes more quickly. By using our AMS services throughout our customers IT environment—whether physical, virtual, and mobile or in the cloud—helps identify issues and resolve them before they disrupt critical services.
We are in the process of building out a new Solution Center in our Plano office. Typically our Consultants are traveling 75% nationally to our client sites to install/implement our products. Our new solution center will have our Services Consultant working remotely with our clients. This role will fulfill the need of an APM Services Consultant that will focus on implementing our APM tools into our client’s infrastructure.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- This position will be responsible for providing technical consultant to the Clarity PPM implemented customers.
- Responsible for providing quick solutions to complex incidents.
- Responsible for providing root cause analysis for long pending problem requests.
- Responsible for developing the portlets, processes, gel scripts, database scripts, reports etc based on customer need.
- Understand the business requirements and come up with design and solution that can be implemented with CA Clarity PPM.
- Responsible to perform assessment and perform upgrade/patch updates to client environments.
- Responsible to provide white papers / technical papers on Clarity related topics and share.
- Escalation point for Tier 1 incidents
- Ability to work on tickets within SLAs defined.
- Ability to resolve the incidents quickly and keep the tickets latest with updates.
- Problem management – Root Cause Analysis
- Communicate with the business users in helping them understand the product better, resolve the incidents and training users.
- Working with various functional teams and getting things done, act as single point contact for the customer.
- Be the owner of the application and provide advice on solutions and best practice.
- Utilize Services Best Practices and creative innovation to accurately and efficiently respond to customer requests for the product of chosen expertise within the client environment remotely.
- Learn and understand customer environment and priorities. Verify the product is working as designed and make recommendations for improving value to the customer.
- Create and apply best practices for product optimization.
- Remotely access customer system to verify CA products are adequately configured to perform Admin tasks and to address complex customer-specific configuration requirements.
- Create database, bat scripts to automate routine tasks where appropriate.
- Identify automation opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Effectively troubleshoot technical issues and assist CA Support with resolution as needed
- Deploy/upgrade to new product functionality remotely.
About Skills Required:
- Must have Technical expertise on Clarity PPM tool.
- Must have rich experience on XOG, Gel, and Portlets.
- Must have rich experience in troubleshooting the tickets related to the CA PPM product.
- Business Objects & Jasper soft administration
- Document knowledge base and standard procedures
- Able to perform knowledge transfer deliverables
- Portlet/Processes/Reports development (minor enhancements)
- Studio based configuration including NSQL , Dynamic lookup creation.
- Development for processes(GEL), Reports and any Clarity related development activity
- Scheduling of cron jobs, reports
- Data loading activity via XOG automation tools
- Understanding of Enterprise RDBMS (Oracle and/or MS SQL), strong skills in writing procedures, complex queries.
- Understanding of Clarity PPMS Database model.
- Must have worked on support projects.
- Should have ITIL foundations and certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Business Objects / Jasper soft Reporting Platform
- Preferred to have a Clarity PPM certification.
- Must have excellent customer-facing communication skills.
How you’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being result oriented, attention to detail and passion for application performance management technology. They will be focused, motivated and customer centric. An ideal background will include:
- Candidate must possess working knowledge of multiple the CA Products and have a good understanding of other Application Performance management (APM) tools.
- Candidate must be able to work comfortably with senior systems engineers, production support teams, crisis management teams and application developers.
- Candidate will be required to clearly articulate and demonstrate product capabilities to application and systems teams.
- Produce root cause analysis documents, project documentation and status reports for management. Strong communication, technical and analytical skills are required.5+ years of IT experience in a large and complex environment.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows platforms
- Network basics (TCP/IP, DNS, Load balancing, SOAP, and SNMP)
- Work comfortably with senior systems engineers, production support teams; a crisis management desk and application development.
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate product capabilities to application and systems teams
Sound like a fit? Great!
To get started, click http://www.ca.com/us/careers.aspx?intcmp=footernav
To fast track your application, be sure to tell us in your cover letter why this job – and working at CA – are of interest to you.
More about Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top