Sr Software Engineer - QA
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Come innovate with us!
As a Senior Software Engineer – QA, you will be part of a team that develops an API Management SaaS solution, and will be responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining the product.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Owning major components of the product
- Contributing to roadmap acceleration by working to add new features to the product
- Initiating and influencing test strategies across teams and functional areas
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
How you’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for quality assurance, working independently and coaching others in quality assurance best practices. An ideal background will include:
- Strong Quality Assurance background including shell scripting and integration tooling
- Understanding of system integration from a quality and tooling perspective.
- Proven track record of working with enterprise level software products, writing automation tests and executing manual tests
- Experienced with analyzing requirements to form test scenarios and create test cases
- Experienced in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Detail oriented with strong analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experienced with Linux at the command line level and Java or a similar programming language
- Experienced in working as part of an empowered Agile Scrum team
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experienced with performance testing and/or security testing
- Experienced with working with tools such as SoapUI, FitNesse, TestNG, Squish
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top