Sr Software Engineer - QA
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Come innovate with us at CA Technologies in Vancouver!
You have a passion for ensuring quality throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle and creating the tools required to ensure quality within the process.
The successful candidate has worked in a QA department for at least 5 years, performing a mix of manual and automation-based product testing. You will have been involved in the QA process at a senior level, and may have led small teams of QA professionals in finite project releases. You are comfortable independently creating documentation for internal and external audiences, completing third party software installation/configuration and server setup/configuration as required, and mentoring junior QA Analysts.
You thrive in a formal QA environment, where overall release and testing processes are defined enough to give structure, and enjoy owning tasks from “cradle to grave”.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Participate in all aspects of testing an enterprise level product. This includes participation in Agile grooming and planning meetings. Defect report creation and validation as well as functional and regression testing
- Develop, maintain and refactor a growing and robust suite of automated test cases using internal tools and processes
- Assist leads and management in defining and molding overall QA process.
- Actively contribute to growing knowledge base for our product, and interface with external teams as required
- Participate in certifications or standards audits, or externally facing projects as required for your product.
- Produce documentation for internal and external audiences as required
- Assist in mentoring and training of new staff as required.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Methodologies
- Solid understanding of client-server application
How you’ll Stand Out:
- 5+ years’ experience in a formal software QA environment
- 3+ years’ experience with FitNesse automated testing framework, TestNG, Selenium, or comparable
- 3+ years’ experience with SaaS, Cloud computing technologies, Amazon Web Services, EC2 or comparable
- Expert level command of HTML4/5, HTTP/S, XML, CSS, API’s, JSON and REST
- Strong knowledge of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer and experience testing web-based enterprise products.
- Strong virtualization background using VMware ESXi and Workstation both locally and in the cloud
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, disciplined and detail oriented
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top