Sr Software Engineer - Mainframe
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
As a Sr Software Engineer you will be responsible for creating and/or maintaining software applications for a product or family of products. Perform non-complex modification, testing, and debugging tasks. Assists with analysis related to software design and development and debugging or problem solving. Assists in evaluating impact of software performance, and recommends changes to software designers.
- Have a passion for working with guidance from management or more senior software engineers to design and code non-complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Fix bugs, add minor enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.Work with minimal supervision and utilize knowledge, experience and judgment to accomplish well-defined goals.
- Take pride in seting up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Assist Quality Assurance Team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems and the development of test plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
- Typically 4 – 6 years (4 years with Master’s degree) of experience in software development
- Good knowledge and programming experience in Assembler
- (C/C++, Java or IBM REXX is an advantage)
- Demonstrate knowledge of databases
- Familiarity with multiple OS platforms (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top