Sr Software Engineer (CA)--Core Java with UI experience
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Software Engineer, you will engage full-time in hands-on software development. Successful candidates are self-starters who thrive in a collaborative, cross functional, agile environment. These candidates pair up with scrum team members to produce working software. They are experienced with designing and implementing software solutions to meet business and customer needs. We value passion for software craftsmanship balanced with a commitment to deliver customer focused solutions on-time.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or family of products/solution. Provide moderately complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks. Perform analysis related to software design and development and solve problems.
Skills We Require:
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack Java developer who has expertise in building an Application end-to-end , from building a UI to backend logic.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns.
- Strong knowledge of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Experience in Agile Software Development (Scrum or Kanban) .
- Exceptional defect analysis, triaging and fixing skills.
- Good hands-on experience with Web Services, SOAP, JMS, REST , XML.
- Good knowledge of client side technologies like jQuery, Angular JS, React JS, Node JS, HTML5, CSS3 etc.
- Good Experience working with relational databases like Oracle, MSSQL.
- Knowledge of writing secure and optimized code.
- Experience with distributed and/or multi-tiered application architecture.
- Experience with Operating Systems - Windows and Linux.
- Working experience of build and continuous integration tools like Git, Jenkin, Maven, Ant.
- Strong knowledge of testing unit technologies like Junit, TestNG, Protractor, Mockito etc.
- Self-driven and self-motivated and passionate about building software.
- Good communications skills, with crisp and concise communication and the ability to articulate on technical topics with ease.
- Collaborative and team player.
- Experience of developing applications with a strong user experience focus will be a plus.
- Contribution to open source software and active participation in open source software development and adoption.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions or products and offerings such as AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of SaaS application architecture.
- Docker, AWS , VMWare , OpenShift Enterprise and any exposure to Cloud , container or virtualization related technologies will be a plus.
- Knowledge around analytics tools and technologies such as Elastic , Kibana, Logstash will be an advantage.
- MicroServices development.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Jaspersoft, Power BI, Tableau etc.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top