Sr Software Engineer (CA) - Java
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The Senior Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done:
- Strive to meet team commitments.
- Adopt a test-first approach to software development, where possible in which the test is developed before the code.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
- Create automated unit, system, and acceptance tests.
- Participate in test plan reviews.
- Perform unit/module testing of software.
- Actively support and contribute to end of iteration demos.
- Responsible for assigned integration, testing, and deployment tasks.
- Actively foster continuous team improvement in self and team:
- Contribute to team retrospectives; help to identify and resolve team impediments.
- Take ownership of problems and continuously strive to become a better problem solver.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically, 5 or more years of experience in software development or a related field.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
- Demonstrates a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often, and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Participating in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing deep expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups etc.
- Advanced design/debugging/coding skills.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Communications and organization skills.
- Team work skills.
- Leadership skills and ability. Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong experience with Java
- Good understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Strong background in distributed computing
- Exposure to API, SaaS, and Cloud Products
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top