Sr Software Engineer (CA) DevOps, Python.
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will engage full-time in hands-on software development. Successful candidates are self-starters who thrive in a collaborative, cross functional, agile environment. These candidates pair up with scrum team members to produce working software. They are experts in designing and implementing software solutions to meet business and customer needs. We value passion for software craftsmanship balanced with a commitment to deliver customer focused solutions on-time.
Business UnitDeliver world-class digital experiences with full-stack, digital experience monitoring and analytics.
CA Digital Experience Insights is a SaaS-based digital experience monitoring and analytics solution, offering an integrated set of app experience analytics, application performance management and infrastructure management capabilities. Built on top of a powerful analytics engine that leverages open technologies such as Elastic Search, Kibana and Hadoop, CA Digital Experience Insights uniquely provides comprehensive monitoring and analytics for cloud natives.
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Participate in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing deep expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups etc.
- Have a deep understanding of context within which our products are being developed, deployed and used.
- Have a solid understanding of the user personas CA products and solution are targeting within the technical domain and deep empathy for the needs of those users.
- Uses in-depth experience and expertise of Agile methods, paradigms and tools to support the development, implementation and adoption of software engineering best practices for the organization.
- Supports the implementation and adoption of new Agile standards, methodologies, and tools.
- Deliberately finds ways to observe users interacting with a product or major feature set to gain deep insights into customer behavior that may lead to novel problem solving approaches.
- Takes intelligent risks and learns from failure.
- Technical expert with in-depth programming and product knowledge and strong technical skills combined with project management and leadership ability.
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong team work skills for cross-group cooperation.
- Strong technical knowledge across the industry.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other.
- Leadership skills and ability.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in software development and testing.
Typically 5 or more years of software development experience.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- DevOps with knowledge on Python,
- Open shift environment (OSE),
- Containerization (Dockers),
- Continuous Integration (CI tools),
- Kubernetes, Ansible
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top