Sr Software Engineer (CA) - Core Java
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible for creating complex software systems that span several product areas. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems.
- Develop working solutions to solve wide array of product challenges
- Collaborate with cross functional global team with effective communication skills
- Ability to come up with innovative ideas to improve product capabilities
- Work with customers on any technical issues reported by them on the products developed
- Coordinate in leading projects and driving them to successful completion
- Having 4-8 years of experience on Java Development projects.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience on working of large scale software systems
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Desirable to have coding skills on C/C++
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns ,
- Strong knowledge of Data structures and Algorithms
- Ability to code scalable, high-performing features, enhancements
- Experience in Agile Software Development (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience in developing IT Monitoring applications preferred
- Experience of participating in industry standard bodies related to Software development and IT Management preferred
- Contribution to open source software and active participation in open source software development and adoption preferred
- Exceptional defect analysis, triaging and fixing skills.
- Hands-on web technologies like XML, JSON, and RESTful API.
- Ability to develop utilities, tools to fulfill day to day development team needs.
- Strong working knowledge of Server Operating Systems( Linux/Unix and Windows), Networking concepts and Databases.
- Hands-on scripting using DOS, Unix Shell, Perl or any other.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate the use of strong interpersonal and social skills in individual and group settings
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top