Sr Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for building,running ,setting-up ,creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The Senior Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development.
- Experience in software configuration management.
- Good knowledge on branching and Merging Strategy.
- Should be able to set up and maintain Builds Environments.
- Setting up and maintaining daily builds.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the issues in builds.
- Experience is packaging and delivering patches and hotfix.
- Experience in implementing program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity
- Hands-on experience in GIT/SVN.
- Hands-on experience in Rally.
- Hands-on experience in CI tools such as Jenkins/Teamcity.
- Assist the development team in setting up development environments
- Should be able to provide CM Tools support and impart training to the dev team as per need.
- Experience with a CI implementation in previous projects.
- Hands-experience in ant, maven.
- Hands-experience with code configuration tools such as CVS, GIT, SVN.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Tools/Scripting knowledge in Perl/PHP/Python to do the configuration management.
- Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
Must Skills: TeamCity/Jenkins, GIT, Github, Perl/PHP/Python/shell/batch scripting, Ant, Maven, Operating Systems (Windows, Linux & Solaris)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top