Sr Software Engineer (CA) Build & Release
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Job Overview :
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will engage full-time in hands-on software development. Successful candidates are self-starters who thrive in a collaborative, cross functional, agile environment. These candidates pair up with scrum team members to produce working software. They are experts in designing and implementing software solutions to meet business and customer needs. We value passion for software craftsmanship balanced with a commitment to deliver customer focused solutions on-time.
Key Responsibilities :
Working experience in DevOps tools such as:
- SCM (GIT)
- Build tools (Ant)
- CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Release management.
- Strong in scripting languages: Ant, Shell
- Solid understanding of CI best practices and tooling, preferably Jenkins.
- Strong experience with version control systems (like Git) and their use in release management, branching, merging, and integration strategies.
- Experience in product installation, upgrade and configuration in both Linux and Windows platform.
- Database installation, export/import, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Expertise in managing VMWare resources.
- Expertise in working with Agile/SCRUM teams
- Exposure to product containerization using Docker, Openshift will be an added advantage.
- Having SaaS (Software as a Service) on Cloud platform exposure will be an added advantage.
- Strong organizational, communication skills and detail oriented
- Experience in building JAVA/C/C++/ Web/Standalone Applications.
- Oracle DBA certification will be preffered.
- Working experience with cross geo teams will be preferred
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top