Sr Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Senior QA Engineer – Test Automation Selenium – Java
This position is responsible for verification that the product is implemented to the stated requirements and validation that the product functions as designed. Design, build and execute functional and customer use case focused tests that verify the accuracy and reliability of assigned products meet stated requirements.
Skills: Automation Testing using Selenium Web driver, TestNG framework, Coding in Core Java, Java collections, Data structure experience of more than 3-5 years, Nice to have Jenkins maven ant
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Complete all scheduled tasks on time
- Develop customer focused test plans
- Set-up and maintain testing environments
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Record issues into a defect-tracking system
- Follow-up and close issues entered into the defect-tracking system
- Escalate issues to a higher level where issue resolution is not achieved within a reasonable amount of time
- Provide information to technical documentation (i.e. Product Release Notes/Readme files)
- Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy
- Work with development team to understand assigned modules/new product features for the purpose of developing test cases
- Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure testability
- Familiarize themselves with new technology, operating systems, automated testing tools, etc. in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
- Assume a QA project or team leader position within the organization.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. A senior level professional role. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity required. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Has mastered the key responsibilities. Assignments can be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. Instructions generally provided in general terms. May take on project lead role as required.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Design correctness.
- Choose most appropriate way to document a product.
- Choose how to best test a product function.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree or global equivalent a plus.
Typically 5 or more years of experience in a related role. Ideally the experience is across multiple products and/or computer environments.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to follow and report exactly as described in test cases and procedures and enhance as necessary.
- Ability to determine sufficiency of test cases and procedures to ensure high product quality and enhance as necessary.
- Ability to design a set of interelated test specifications and build test cases and procedures.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Expert computer operating system, appropriate subsystems and test tool knowledge.
- Expert understanding of scripting languages
- Expertise with multiple hardware and OS platforms.
- Expertise with software coding concepts.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top