Sr Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
Across hundreds of industry-standard products in our Security portfolio, we have implemented new technologies that help our customers maximize platform value and performance, and dramatically simplify its management. We are currently looking for an individual to join our team in Framingham, MA as a Sr. Software Engineer to help support our Security products for both sustaining engineering and new development. CA Technologies is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape the development, testing and delivery of our technology. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative security solutions at a rapid pace, join our team!
You will participate in support and development of enterprise grade security software. You will responsible for diagnosing and fixing issues in CA Technologies Security products and enhancing them with new functionality. You will meet with customers and the field to discuss their technical issues and requirements. You will take an active role in enabling builds and deployment of our applications from code to production and internal environments using our infrastructure. You will own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes. You will help define best practices for source control, continuous integration and release management and will work with others to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts.
Furthermore, you will look proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities and demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies and take pride in how fast we develop working software.
- Fix defects and work closely with customers to drive platform quality.
- Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Maintain and enhance continuous integration platform and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
How You'll Stand Out
The qualified candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. An ideal background will include:
- 5 or more years of experience in software development
- Development experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with and debugging multithreaded server applications is a must.
- Strong experience in Java.
- Experience or knowledge of C/C++ is a plus.
- Experience in Security field is a plus.
- Familiar with REST architecture principles.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, directory services and internet servers such as Web Servers and Applications Servers is a strong plus.
- Experience with PHP.
- Technical experience or knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Services.
- Knowledge of communication protocols.
- Strong core and dump files analysis.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top