Sr Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The Senior Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development.
- Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Experience working in agile teams and proficient with agile software development methodologies.
- Self-motivated and willingness to continuously learn and enhance his/her skillset
- Good communication skills.
- Should be able to work effectively with other team members as needed to determine system problems
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
Typically 6 or more years of experience in software development or a related field
- Strong in Core Java Programming
- Should have worked in RESTful Web Services
- Should have executed a role for atleast 5 years, and prior of 6 – 8 years of programming experience in Java, Java Script
- Should have worked on Web Services (Rest or soap) and J2EE applications, and database like MYSQL or latest
- Basic understanding of web application architecture and multi-tier web application designing.
- Experience in developing SaaS applications and exposure to cloud frameworks
- Should have understanding of design patterns including integration (EAI patterns – Enterprise Integration Patterns))
Good to have Skills:
- Work experience in NMS or in Networking domain would be an added advantage
- Knowledge on J2EE (JSP/Servlet) will be given more priority.
- Knowledge of continuous integration technologies will be a plus.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top