Sr Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally Software, is creating cutting edge, scalable, and service- oriented SaaS products using a broad range of technologies. We are growing rapidly and globally, so the problems we tackle are big and getting bigger. We practice continuous deployment, dedicate time to hackathons to support innovations, and encourage our teams to blog and participate in local technology meetups. We take walks, drink cider, and play foosball to give our brains a break.
We are actively seeking Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers with a broad skill set and a passion for tackling complex and challenging problems. We are an Agile organization that balances collaboration, individual contributions, and empowered teams. You will have an excellent opportunity to join a great team and make a direct impact on its success.
What you'll be doing
- Working on a team of 4-6 software engineers, plus a test engineer and product owner;
- Building software products that are released in a continuous deployment pipeline;
- Using ReactJS, Redux, ES6, etc. to build rich client-side applications and UIs;
- Writing RESTful APIs in a microservices environment, using Java, Node.JS, Groovy, or Clojure;
- Database design and development in MongoDB and Oracle;
- Mentoring team members, reviewing code, and ensuring quality from the start.
What you offer
- Experience building and using RESTful data APIs;
- Experience testing at multiple levels (unit, integration, functional/behavioral);
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB;
- Passion for automation;
- Strong logic, math, analysis, and detail skills - which aid in solving hard problems and writing great software.
More about us
- Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
- Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs.
- Influence: Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better - the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
Take a peek at what we do over at the Rally Engineering Blog: http://www.rallydev.com/community/engineering
Location: Raleigh, NC in the historic Pilot Mill building near downtown. Our office looks more like a cool startup space than a corporate cube farm. It has an industrial look with exposed brick and wooden beams. An open floor plan encourages collaboration and facilitates rearranging desks as teams evolve. Proximity to the downtown Raleigh area offers excellent lunch options. We will also consider you if you're open to relocating.
If all this sounds tempting, and you think you'd be a good fit, check out http://ca.com/careers to learn more about CA Technologies and apply online.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top