Sr Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
As a Senior Software Engineer – QA, you will be responsible for verification that the product is implemented to the stated requirements and validation that the product functions as designed. Design, build and execute functional and customer use case focused tests that verify the accuracy and reliability of assigned products meet stated requirements.
Must to have skills
- 4+ years of experience in Testing
- 3+ years of experience in Automation Testing using Selenium
- Experience in Web application software testing
- Good understanding of test case Designing/development
- Hands-on experience on test cases automation, using tools like Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Java based test frameworks, etc…
- Understanding of OOPS concepts and familiarity with Core Java
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communications skills (verbal/writing)
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, like Scrum, Kanban, etc…
- SQL queries : writing and executing to examine test results
Good to have skills
- Understanding of different automation frameworks
- Mobile Testing experience, iOS/Android/WP testing experience.
- Experience in API Testing: REST, WebServices, SOAP.
- Understanding of Security domain
- Experience in Agile software development environment
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Complete all scheduled tasks on time
- Develop customer focused test plans
- Set-up and maintain testing environments
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties
- Record issues into a defect-tracking system
- Follow-up and close issues entered into the defect-tracking system
- Escalate issues to a higher level where issue resolution is not achieved within a reasonable amount of time
- Provide information to technical documentation (i.e. Product Release Notes/Readme files)
- Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for technical accuracy
- Work with development team to understand assigned modules/new product features for the purpose of developing test cases
- Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure testability
- Familiarize themselves with new technology, operating systems, automated testing tools, etc. in order to maintain an awareness of technological advances.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top