Sr Services Consultant - API Implementation
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy. Job Overview
This position is responsible for the expert technical knowledge of and ability to effectively implement API solution expertise both single Business Unit multi-product solutions and cross Business Unit multi-product integrations within the client environment. This person will be a implementation and delivery specialist within the API Portal.
- Utilize Services Best Practices to accurately and efficiently implement API products as a single Business Unit multi-product solution within the client environment.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations by delivering a solution that addresses the client's business requirements within the "Scope of Work" agreed to by CA Technologies and the Customer.
- Effectively troubleshoot technical implementation issues for solutions of chosen expertise.
- Actively engage as part of the project team with the purpose of contributing product and solution expertise, and to provide project planning support as required to deliver a successful client engagement, following the Project Manager (when applicable) directive.
- Ability to interact with Support in order to open and track product issues when necessary.
- Meet target billable utilization as defined by this role.
- Adhere to Time and Expense Policy.
- Serve as a mentor to Associate Services Consultants and Services Consultants who are actively engaged as part of the project team on assigned client engagements.
- Help build the knowledge base in the Practice communities in which you choose to participate in û including lessons learned, best practices, tools, and methods and learning events using SharePoint as the enabling technology.
- Adhere to all company policies, including but not limited to Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. A senior level professional role. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity required. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Has mastered the key responsibilities. Assignments can be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. Instructions generally provided in general terms. May take on project lead role as required.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Decision regarding product and/or solution installation and configuration in client environments.
- Decision regarding product and/or solution integration to meet client requirements.
- Determine ability of solution to meet requested client expectations.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 75 or more percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field.
Typically 5 or more years of work experience as an IT professional. Educated in Information Technology and prefer a minimum of 3 years experience at an IT professional services organization. Strong business knowledge is required to properly align CA Technologies Solutions with customer requirements and expectations.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrate ability to engage in hands-on implementation of software technology at a complex level for single Business Unit multi-product solutions and/or cross Business Unit multi-product integrated solutions of chosen expertise.
- Proven comprehension of relevant solutions capabilities and how the solution is designed to be integrated into the client environment.
- Possess advanced technology troubleshooting skills for products of chosen expertise and for complex integrated solutions.
- Ability to understand and communicate how solution(s) of chosen expertise resolve typical client business needs.
- Execute an above average business level of written and oral professional communication in local language and/or English.
- Within first 90 days must achieved CA Technologies product training and certification in chosen solutions of expertise as agreed to by your Manager. Also complete all associated solution training.
- External hardware, operating system or specific technology certifications are a plus.
- Must maintain updated training as required annually.
- Demonstrated product proficiency, by achieving either a Professional or Business Analyst level CA Services Certification (or similar technical accreditation) or CA Services work experience may substitute for external work experience, as determined by CA Services in its discretion.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top