Sr Services Consultant
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for the expert technical knowledge of and ability to effectively implement products to the client environment.
- Utilize Services Best Practices to accurately and efficiently implement products of chosen expertise as a single Business Unit multi-product solution within the client environment.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations by delivering a solution that addresses the client's business requirements within the "Scope of Work" agreed to by CA Technologies and the Customer.
- Understands business and assist with /undertakes detailed design and development activities
- Understands customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
- Participates in all phases of development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, test, integration and implementation of products and services
- Effectively troubleshoot technical implementation issues for solutions of chosen expertise.
- Develops design specifications and parameters that follow architectural blueprints
- Researches, evaluates and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process
- Assist in the development of product user manuals, requirements and testing plans.
- Actively engage as part of the project team with the purpose of contributing product and solution expertise, and to provide project planning support as required to deliver a successful client engagement, following the Project Manager (when applicable) directive.
- Ability to interact with Support in order to open and track product issues when necessary.
- Meet target billable utilization as defined by this role.
- Adhere to Time and Expense Policy.
- Serve as a mentor to Associate Services Consultants and Services Consultants who are actively engaged as part of the project team on assigned client engagements.
- Adhere to all company policies, including but not limited to Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a proven experience in significantly complex Enterprise Development with commercial or Government organisations. The candidate must hold an Australian Citizenship and to be eligible for a security clearance.
He/she has a strong development background and knowledge in Microsoft technologies including .NET, C#, Visual Basic & other Visual Studio tools, IIS, MS Office, MS Project, SharePoint, enterprise service bus highly desirable; and application server deployment.
- Microsoft technologies (.NET, C#, Visual Basic & other Visual Studio tools, IIS, MS Office, MS Project, SharePoint), enterprise service bus highly desirable; and application server deployment.
- User Interface- experience in using web development frameworks.
- Web Services Experience in developing and building web services (preferably JSON, SOAP, REST).
- Database. Experience and understanding of normalized relational database concepts and demonstrated experience in design of database structures; and Experience writing complex SQL.
- Java development knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Developer & Unit Testing - Significant experience in writing unit tests with demonstrated understanding of unit testing principles;
- Reporting and Analysis Tools (eg. Jasper, …..)
- Proven knowledge and experience in test development and integration activities for various ICT systems, software applications and interfaces;
- Proven experience in integrating software with existing systems across a number of technologies and associated applications;
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to the Customer's standards and approval processes;
- Proven experience in significantly complex Enterprise Development with commercial or Government organisations;
- Communication. Experience in
Working closely with business analysts to ensure the implementation and management of applications to support their requirements.
Effective communication and consultation with key stakeholders
Creating and maintaining documentation.
- Team Lead. Experience in
Planning. Prioritise work items, allocates work items in conjunction with the PM.
Managing iterations –review, report, revise at a micro level
Configuration and release management.
Acceptance testing and business training as appropriate.
Code Management including code reviews
Coaching and mentoring,
Providing technical advice.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top