Sr SAAS Architect /Cloud
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Sr. SAAS Architect/Cloud Plano, TX
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented high level Sr. SAAS Architect/Cloud in our Plano, TX or Santa Clara, CA office to support our Continuous Delivery Business Unit working with the engineering teams for our Release Automation, Test Data Manager, and Service Virtualization Product Lines, as well as those for new offerings under development including cloud-based SaaS solutions.
These products deliver powerful solutions to the problems of Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery, removing dependency constraints and enabling full automation of end to end deployment and release pipelines.
The right individual will have a strong and broad background in Software Engineering, Agile methodology, modern approaches to CI/CD, developing and driving architectural and quality focused initiatives across multiple product teams and delivering both premise-based and cloud-based applications. Should have experience in implementing and architecting SAAS based products.
About the Role
The Sr. SAAS Architect/Cloud in will be a key technical and thought leader within the engineering organization with a driving goal to lead, mentor and drive the engineering teams towards the delivery of high quality, innovative solutions at high velocity.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead BU technical and architectural vision and strategy.
- Lead business unit wide architectural initiatives to implement the architectural vision and strategy.
- Coach and mentor product-level architects in the architect role and discipline
- Lead Agile Architecture as a discipline:
- Influence common modelling, design, coding, testing, automation practices across the organization.
- Share and re-use ideas, components and proven design and implementation patterns where applicable.
- Support knowledge sharing across product groups and projects.
- Represent architecture in cross-functional and strategic portfolio planning settings to understand and influence CA strategic product direction.
- Continuously improve and reduce required customer interactions and the complexity of installing, configuring, deploying, maintaining, supporting, upgrading or migrating CA products and solutions.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto in all interactions.
- Collaborate with the Office of the CTO and CA-Labs and be an active participant, contributor, and innovator in committees defining CA technology stacks and standards.
- Author technical articles published both internally and externally.
- Represent CA by attending, presenting and exerting influence at industry conferences, symposiums and standards bodies.
- Protect CA's intellectual property by identifying and filing patent applications; design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
How You'll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- 12 plus years' experience in software development role with a proven track record of product family architecture design.
- Strong leadership background experience ideally of a global team and multiple products
- Experience with agile methodologies, iterative development, and refactor design as requirements evolve.
- Deep experience with software design and development on cloud platforms such as AWS along with an understanding of the economic, business and cost models for delivering software on the platform
- Outstanding technical and business communication skills.
- Comfortable briefing middle and high-level senior leadership within the company as well as customers.
- Able to define, review and interpret specifications and work with teams to deliver architecture and design specifications.
- Able to work with QA to design and review test plans, identify gaps and risks in those plans.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and Master's Degree preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top