Sr QA Engineer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Plano, TX
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Principal Software QA Engineer for our Plano, TX office to support our Service Virtualization product. CA LISA Service Virtualization is cutting edge technology that delivers a powerful solution to the problem of system dependency constraints, ensuring that innovative IT functionality is delivered faster, with higher quality and performance.
About the Role
The Principal Software QA Engineer is a key member of the development organization. Led by the strategic direction of the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be the driving force behind the successful development of the Service Virtualization product line. The Principal Software Quality Engineer will work within an agile development organization and have knowledge of and use a variety of test management tools and validation testing methodologies to drive quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Deep understanding of quality assurance and software testing concepts and practices to continually assess the condition and quality of software builds, bug fixes, and interim releases.
- Provide estimates for planning, development and execution of automated test cases.
- Manage software bug documentation, tracking, and resolution; including development and execution of risk-appropriate regression test plans.
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team.
- Participate in the technical design and development of new features and products.
- Maintain and support existing features and products.
- Investigate and resolve support issues.
- Develop, maintain and execute LISA test projects to ensure that software products produce results which are consistent with both user expectations and product documentation
- Ensure automated builds and continuous integration are working at all times.
- Contributing to technical documentation and training material.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the product and development processes.
- Participating in software development process following Agile/Scrum model.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- 5+ years of experience within a software QA/testing role
- 3+ years of experience with testing tools and test automation
- 3+ years java programming experience
- 1+ years of experience with ANT / Maven / Gradle
- Experience with continuous integration unit testing, and automated testing.
- Experience with agile methodologies, iterative development, and refactor design as requirements evolve.
- Experience with virtualized environments and lab management software (such as VMware and VMLogix)
- Experience with the following operating systems: Linux/Unix, Windows
- Experience with XML and web services
- Excellent problem solving skills, self-motivated
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills
More About Working at CA
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package -all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top